Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking Diet

Last_Exit

Please, let me know of what you think of my bulking diet, if there's something wrong, let me know.

BTW, I'm 19, 5'10'', 165-170 pounds, about 7-8% BF.

Meal 1

½ Banana
½ cup of oatmeal
1 cup skim milk
1 serving of Optimum Whey

Meal 2 (Shake blend)

½ Banana
½ cup of oatmeal
1 cup skim milk
1 serving of Optimum Whey

Meal 3

1 cup Rice cooked
1 fajitas bread
8oz of chicken

Meal 4

1 Large salad with vegetables and low-fat dressing
1 can of tuna
1 tbs of flax seed/olive oil

Meal 5

- Pre-workout
½ cup of oatmeal
½ serving of Optimum Whey

- Post workout
75g dextrose
1½ serving of Optimum Whey

- 1 hour after post workout shake
5 oz of ground beef extra-lean

Meal 6

1 can of tuna
1tbs of flaxseed/olive oil

According to fitday.com , it comes to : ~3381 cals, 338g Protein, 333g Carbs, 74g Fat.

* On non-workout days, no pre/post workout meal, only 1 shake + 5oz of ground beef.

I have never Bulked and dont plan to, so I dont really have any Idea....

but from what I have read, Seems to me you will need more Carbs than Protein. Carbs are how I got up to 40lbs more than I wanted to weigh and have been limiting them since and losing/maintaining weight.

I would bet that some Natty PB, Cereal and an Ice Cream Milkshake/Malt before bed each night would put on some serious weight in no time.
Worked for me, but I wasnt working out and Its prolly not a real clean way to bulk. DENSE CALORIES before bed will work, but i am not sure if thats the ideal way to do it er what.

it looks like a lot of food on paper, but i eat way more than that, and you definatly need more food if your looking to gain weight. Up the Red Meat !!

I don't think that I need more food..

You are probably a Hard gainer...that's probably why you eat more than that to gain weight...

but for me, it's vrey easy to gain fat.. so I have to check my cals..

as for the red meat, I'll probably put some steak on my meal 1 instead of a protein shake. Sounds good ??

Last|Exit

It looks like a good place to start. You'll know by monitoring your bf% as you go along. If you aren't gaining a little bf then you probably aren't eating enough. You have to gain a little or you'll be undereating.

Keep in mind that as you gain muscle your bf% will decrease. You'll actually have to eat more than maintenance just to maintain your current %. I'd plan on going up to 10% or so.

I think it all looks good!

A couple things I'd consider:

Sub the salad, it's too low on calories, with something more carb and fiber dense. (Wheat pitas, etc.)

Bedtime meal: Try cottage cheese or Nat Peanut Butter instead of the tuna, for slower absorbed, higher caloric protein sources, and more variety.

Don't forget there's more fish than canned tuna!

Top Bottom