Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bannanas

shooter-x

can someone tell me all i need to know about eating bannanas....i love the things....i could easily, and sometimes do, eat a bunch of bannanas a day....i realize that that might be bad but, if it is, i dont know enough about their nutrtional facts to know why....any help would be great....thanks

high gi carbs, no protien. no reason to eat them. when you eat carbs you want low gi, unless postowrkout when you should be drinking a shake. they wont turn you into a fat ass, but for best results they dont have any benefits. someone will come on here and say the are full of vitamins and are great im sure, but the optimal bulking or cutting diet doesn't include bannanas.

Actually, fruits have relatively low GI. Banana at 54 is a bit higher then most, but its still not what I'd call a high GI. I think the reason people avoid them is cause they contain fructose, which replenishes the liver instead of muscles. Also, they contain alot of carbs.

A protein shake just ain't the same without them though.

Bananas are great tasting, and hey if youre not a body builder shit like this doesnt even matter. Some people just take it ot the extreme. Anyway, bananas and mangos are the fruits with the highest amounts of simple carbs. They do however provide great sources of potassium which help prevent cramps. A lot of marathon and triathlon athletes eat tons of them. When I surf I eat a ton of bananas so I dont cramp up in the water, and you know what? It Works great!!!

If you like them then eat them. Just dont be downing them by the dozen. I see no problem w/ eating one in the morning w/ oats and another w/ a shake at sometime in the day.

Top Bottom