Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insomnia Dreams ...

musclemom

I Told You So ...
EF VIP
I knew I'd pay some price for taking a fat burner :rolleyes: Oh WTF, I felt great yesterday, I just need to watch it ...

So I was awake from 3:00 ish to 5:00ish (the sun was coming up ...) but I had the damndest experience BEFORE I woke up at 3:00: I was dreaming that I was lying in bed having insomnia ... that's just so wrong.

And I have to say that dreaming you are awake and then ACTUALLY waking up is very odd, talk about your deja vu.

BIKINIMOM said:
You should have just climbed atop hubby a time 'er 3 during the night... mebbe put you to sleep right quick?!

;)
Eww, no, uh uh, never.

He is the nastiest, most miserable, whiney bastard to mess with in his sleep. OMG his subconscious is just the biggest bitch. He sucks to sleep with. I love him to pieces but he is, bar none, the shittiest sleeping partner you could imagine. And even waking him up with :p intimacy doesn't work. You can't imagine what a turn off it is to be messing with your man and he suddenly says "what, what now?" in this petulant, whiney voice :shudders:

I've had insomnia on and off since about the mid 90s. It was very bad for many years and now it's pretty much under control, but certain things set it off. I've tried EVERYTHING to go back to sleep, and tried the "get up, go do something else until you get sleepy," method ... the only way I can function the next day is to just lie there and rest, essentially meditate. I sort of hit this zone where I'm not asleep but in a very, very light doze. It's not quite as good as sleep but darned close and somewhat restorative.

The big key is shutting down your conscious mind, if you can do that you at least come out of it feeling semi-human.

Sound sleep has escaped me for nearly 20 years now. I am plagued by nightmares or am sick other times.

If I get a straight 4 hours uninterrupted I am happy. :(

BIKINIMOM said:
Sound sleep has escaped me for nearly 20 years now. I am plagued by nightmares or am sick other times.

If I get a straight 4 hours uninterrupted I am happy. :(
I'm very sorry to hear that. I know you have the reflux issues, does raising the head of the bed up help (literally, put one end of the bed up on blocks?)

My insomnia is a physical problem, as opposed to nightmare issues. I haven't had nightmares in years. I will have unpleasant dreams if I sleep in a certain position ... but it's basically impossible to have nightmares if you are a lucid dreamer, I started lucid dreaming years ago ... you might want to look into it maybe there are techniques (I think there are books out there about it) it IS possible. I don't KNOW how I do it, but when I'm dreaming, I know I'm dreaming, so no matter WHAT goes on it's like, well, this is interesting ... and if the dream is really unpleasant I'm like, ENOUGH, time to wake up now. Maybe it's because I've meditated??? I think it did start when I was meditating for about 30 minutes daily.

We've tried it all - the reflux stuff. If it ain't that that is killing me, it is pain or endless trips to the bathroom... but I have been feeling better as of late.

The nightmares - yes, I can "control" them. I mean I know I will have them and when they do happen I tell the little creature - "you cant hurt me" and it doesnt. It is rarely terrifying like it used to be when I first started having them. But it is still most unsettling.

I have always been a light sleeper so I am just used to being deprived.

I would give my eyeteeth just to be able to sleep soundly for like 4 straight a night.

It's all good.

I really am sorry. I empathize so much with sleep troubles ... I thought I was doomed to a life of sleeplessness (being woken up 4 to 6 -- or more -- times a night) once I got all the other things (nutritional/detoxifying/healing my gut) issues cleared up I had become a very light sleeper. I ended up having to learn to sleep in earplugs, between the street noise and my dear hubby.

musclemom said:
I really am sorry. I empathize so much with sleep troubles ... I thought I was doomed to a life of sleeplessness (being woken up 4 to 6 -- or more -- times a night) once I got all the other things (nutritional/detoxifying/healing my gut) issues cleared up I had become a very light sleeper. I ended up having to learn to sleep in earplugs, between the street noise and my dear hubby.

LOL

I just need a man who could lay it down to me right proper... and I would be good to go SOME of the time. :chomp:

BIKINIMOM said:
LOL

I just need a man who could lay it down to me right proper... and I would be good to go SOME of the time. :chomp:
M'dear, all I have to say to that is, "the lord helps those that helps themselves," or "who needs a guy when you have the internet adult sex superstore, a DVD player, and unlimited supplies of batteries?" :lmao:

musclemom said:
M'dear, all I have to say to that is, "the lord helps those that helps themselves," or "who needs a guy when you have the internet adult sex superstore, a DVD player, and unlimited supplies of batteries?" :lmao:

Oh I gots me them too!

But I dont have a drive when I am depressed.... so not even self-nookie for me. :(

Top Bottom