Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Really Miss Snow Days

If you are all bitching this much about how you hate it, why not fucking move?

I've never seen snow here in my life
In my defense, it wasn't my choice to live here, it was 1st husband -- I am getting tired of paying for the rest of my life for the stupid decisions I made as a young woman, though.

Will move eventually (have to, actually, can't afford to live here if he can't work anymore). Gotta wait for hubby to decide to take retirement at this stage of the game. 50 and 60 year old people can't just pick up and start over at the drop of a hat, not unless they have a helluva lot of financial liquidity, which we don't.

Move to San Diego. It was sunny and warm by 8:00am. Great beach weather today.
:lmao: :FRlol: :lmao: :FRlol: :lmao: :FRlol:

You gonna pay for where we live!?! Holy shit, if where I live now is overpriced San Diego is like stratospheric! We're gonna be on a damned fixed income, maybe a little part time money coming in, that's it.

You young 'uns who made good life decisions early, you got choices, enjoy. That's what I tried to grind into my son's head and I think he finally got the message. Hubby and I fucked up early, we're sleeping in our bed, is what it is. The reality is we don't need much, just something super quiet, convenient to nature and cheap. We'll be happy with a double wide, if we have to, as long as we can make our bills.

In my defense, it wasn't my choice to live here, it was 1st husband -- I am getting tired of paying for the rest of my life for the stupid decisions I made as a young woman, though.

Will move eventually (have to, actually, can't afford to live here if he can't work anymore). Gotta wait for hubby to decide to take retirement at this stage of the game. 50 and 60 year old people can't just pick up and start over at the drop of a hat, not unless they have a helluva lot of financial liquidity, which we don't.
Florida meat-up?

Florida meat-up?
Florida is actually a consideration because of no personal/retirement taxes but the heat and humidity are almost a bigger put off than snow (the snow is a PITA because it's a high foot traffic/visibility corner). We really do want something nearly rural. We just don't know Florida well.

It's like some bizarre physics formula: Cost of property (rental is doubtful, we have pets and I'd like a garden) PLUS annual cost of property taxes PLUS climate PLUS population density PLUS proximity to natural areas that will never be developed, preferably near water.

Top Bottom