Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"My cousin is twice yer size and benches 900!" Stupid Comment Thread # 20045

When i was in HS i worked at a lumberyard loading people's trucks. I was decent size back then, about 195lbs at 5'9 although I was chubby (20% or so), but still not bad for HS.

One day I'm loading this redneck's truck and he says in this sly voice, "well you look like you do a few pushups every once in awhile".... "uhh yeah..." i said.

"Can you bench 500" he asks.

"No." I replied. The most I had seen anyone bench at this point was a fb coach of mine put up 365 a few times.

"Well, I'll show ya a boy over in Plum who can play with 500lbs."

I'll spare you the details, but lets just say after that I was glad I was wearing boots....Apparently this dude knew some phenomenon fat kid who can bench a house. Yeah right. This guy looked like he had no clue what a weight room was but yet he talked like he knew everything. What a pile of shit.

My belief w/ the bench press has always been if your under 200lbs, 300lb bp is strong. When people start talking 350 and above, unless they're obviously jacked, and even sometimes then, I'll believe it when I see it!!!

It seems lately every person I meet wants to know how much I can bench, lol. Who cares?, I want someone just once to ask me what my GPA in college is/was (if I decide to reenroll again :p )? Sadly people dole out respect more for the size of your pecs than the capacity of your brain...

I love how girls always have a brother who is a bodybuilder. My buddy's gf told me her brother had 25 inch arms and could bench press 400 lbs. Needless to say when I saw him I started to laugh. I tried to stifle it, but it was embarrassing. My arms are about 18 inches and his MIGHT have been 15, his belly stuck out further than his chest and he must have had 25+percent bodyfat. Looking good bro.

Top Bottom