Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AAHHH !!! Help please! is this an abcess?

Evillemon

HI Everyone.,

about 3 days ago i injected some Test E into my deltoid. I remebmer the injection was a bit painful at the time and had some problems holding the needle still and it was in my right shoulder and my left hand not soo steady.

Anyway since then the area has been sore, yesterday it was feeling tight and sore.

Today im noticing a light red patch, quite big, bout the same of my palm around about the injection site although the injection site is towarsd the top of the circle.

The area feels a little warm, not boiling but defo a little warmer than the same area on my other shoulder.

There is no raised lump . My injection technique was sterile all new stuff out of sterile packets, alcohol swabed the area .

Was the first time ive injected Test into my deltoid, have used this same vile for glutes no problem for aobut 4 weeks now.

Is this an abcess? or could it just be site irritation. Should I wait a little longer and see if it gets better or worse? is there anythign i can do to test to see if its an abcess or will putting heat packs on it help?

HELP! :confused:

yeh im sure i did? although as i said my hand was being pretty shakey and i noticed the needle come out a bit and go back in a couple time. Crap of me i know.

Have noticed that feels a little hard in the middle of the red patch but i might be imaginig it,possible the whoel area is a little swollen its hard to tell though as of the position on my arm.

Here are some pics? its a definite red patch although seems to be lower than the injection site itself? what do you think?

Have rung docotrs and booked an appointment as they just had a cancellation for this afternooon, figured safer than sorry..

it sounds irritated. put heat on it.

remember this as you watch it. if it is getting better its not an infection. if it gets worst go to the hospital. there will be clear signs of it getting worst such as swelling, redness, pain, fever, ect.

ive had it happen three times that i can recall, usually right about the the time that im sure my injection site is going to swell up into an infected puss filled abscess, the irritation slowly starts to dissipate..four to five days max. ive tried to isolate what causes this particular type of reaction but have been unsuccessful in pinpointing a direct cause. give it time and it should heal itself

hey thanks for the advice guys! mucg appreciated!

I managed to fluke into a cancellation at 16:00 today at the doctors. I just told her straight up i injected some steroids into my shoulder and she was cool about it. She looked at it and said 50/50 might be infected might be that i nicked a blood vessel and the bleeding inside my arm has made it flare up but to be on the safe side she has given me a course of antibiotics to run for a week.

Told her that i was concerned about it as it had gotten red in the last day and thought there was heat coming from the site! she seemed quite impressed that id even researched before coming to her and said if i have any more problems or concerns with injecting infections make emergency appointment and go back to see her straight away, she was lovely! result

ok my whole upper arm is bright red now and well hot and there is a point in the centre which feels hard, but not raised!

so glad i went to doctors today and got those antibiiotics ! but still am quite worried as its got maybe 200% worse just today!
actually feels horrible now as well! will get some photos up if its worse tomorrow just so you can see! its pretty nasty!

fingers crossed the anit biotics work!

ok my whole upper arm is bright red now and well hot and there is a point in the centre which feels hard, but not raised!

so glad i went to doctors today and got those antibiiotics ! but still am quite worried as its got maybe 200% worse just today!
actually feels horrible now as well! will get some photos up if its worse tomorrow just so you can see! its pretty nasty!

i it is worst tomorrow get back to a doctor. if its starting to abcess your going to want to get that cut open as soon as possible.

might want to start taking your temperature and recording it now. if it continues to rise id go to the emergency room. if it is infected and begins to go systematic you could be in a potentially terrible situation. you may have missed the window where antibiotics will work and require it to be lanced and drained.

might want to start taking your temperature and recording it now. if it continues to rise id go to the emergency room. if it is infected and begins to go systematic you could be in a potentially terrible situation. you may have missed the window where antibiotics will work and require it to be lanced and drained.

yeah sounds like there is an infection with a fever localised to injection point and now has spread down your arm? def more than just irritation because of shakiness. is it ur first pin from this batch or in prev pinning u let it get contaminated. u could have picked up bacteria from any where if u are not positively sterile about eveything you touch and that touches ur supp.

Top Bottom