Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The old boxing v MMA debate

dont know haye or khan but cotto, margarito, mosley and hopkins are washed up.. Didnt cotto just lose again? mosley wont get another shot and hopkins is a nobody now. hes old as hell and since he lost to calzaghe no one cares anymore. who was that black guy from america that lost a decision to froch. that was straight rigged. i guess you have to beat the champ to be the champ but in a normal bout froch lost.

Hopkins is a 'nobody' who still has all the tricks and schooled a younger Kelly Pavlik a while back. He's not got the fitness anymore but knows how to win.

Cotto lost yeah...to Pacquiao! His only losses are to a guy who pretty much had plaster of Paris in his gloves. It's way too early to say if he is washed up. Still a very exciting fighter.

Mosley, again his loss is to Mayweather. Yes he looked shattered after round 3 but part of me thinks that it is because Mayweather is so damn good.

Re Froch, I think you're talking about Dirrell and yeah it was close. Kesller exposed his defence recently.

i heard cotto just lost again in an undercard at mayweather mosley. I was drunk so you tell me lol.

and yeah it was dirrell. I am a froch fan but after that fight i was scratching my head.

you arent in america..

I suppose. I do speak to a lot of guys from America about boxing though and they seemm pretty keen. Guess it depends how much interest you show in the sport. Typical names become big names if you follow them. All I can say is that Mayweather and Mosley obviously pull in a big crowd.

I suppose. I do speak to a lot of guys from America about boxing though and they seemm pretty keen. Guess it depends how much interest you show in the sport. Typical names become big names if you follow them. All I can say is that Mayweather and Mosley obviously pull in a big crowd.

yeah fans will obviously know. its like bodybuilding. big names are big names if you follow them but normal people know arnold,cutler and coleman. thatd be it. but UFC has a lot of names people know. they market their fights very well. the list of big names is huge if you ask me.

Boxing IS dead, wtf are you talking about? Just because some of the FEW headlines make BANK doesn't mean anything. Do you know HOW MANY belts their are? The average fan has NO clue about the set up, most of the belt are meaningless, and UNLESS its a HEADLINE fight, no one gives a fuck. They are boring to watch 8 out of 10 times. So much politicing and other BS goes on just to gt a decent fight signed, that no one cares.

Seriously, MMA is where it's at, period.

Boxing is Punch, Block, Move...The training for MMA fighters is SOOO much more brutal. They lean MANY different styles and skills...WTF are you talking about?

-Legacy

It's kinda ironic then how a boring as fuck boxer with 2 years under his belt could probably take any MMA fighter with 5x the years of practice. Even Bruce Lee admitted that. Same with wrestling, as homo erotic as it is.

It's kinda ironic then how a boring as fuck boxer with 2 years under his belt could probably take any MMA fighter with 5x the years of practice. Even Bruce Lee admitted that. Same with wrestling, as homo erotic as it is.

I still just don't get the whole 'who would win in a street fight' debates. The two are just SPORTS.

Anything goes in a street fight. It's just about how much of a nutter you are. Tyson would have ripped people apart with his teeth, besides the killer punches.

Im not sure what you are saying. are you saying a boxer with 2 years of training could beat an mma fighter in boxing or mma?

Umm...MMA wasn't around when Bruce Lee was alive though...

yeah fans will obviously know. its like bodybuilding. big names are big names if you follow them but normal people know arnold,cutler and coleman. thatd be it. but UFC has a lot of names people know. they market their fights very well. the list of big names is huge if you ask me.

LOL! Of course, if you are talking to mma fans, why wouldn't they know. Most mma fans weren't into boxing to begin with, so there understanding of a sport will be non exsistent so speak. If you are talking to people of american or canadian locations where mma has a good following that's what you'll get. Go to parts of europe, most parts of asia, all of southern south america, middle east, africa, and islander countries, they won't speak so passionately or even know what mma is. You have to factor that in, when determining how much of a popularity a sport is.

Look most of Mayweather's recent fights crushed any ppv the UFC has ever done, in buy numbers.

"The UFC had a rumored 1.5 million household rate for UFC 100, which was due in majority part to the considerable drawing power of Brock Lesnar. Boxing still holds the record for purchases with a 2007 bout between Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya: 2.4 million."

The ppv buy numbers would be 3mil+ for Pacman/Mayweather projected easyly. Boxing sells.

Top Bottom