Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The old boxing v MMA debate

boxing has 1-2 fights a year. how many has just UFC had? they have been popular since like UFC 70. they just did 113.

the point is dumb to argue. UFC just got popular. just wait a few more years. mark my words. after pac and mayweather fight its down hill after that. no one is following anymore so the new guys wont matter. but i will be paying to see that fight. i am still a fan of them. after that idgaf.

Apparently you're no listening....there are 1-3 MEGAFIGHTS per year...i.e. the types which earn the fighters 100 times more than any UFC fighter, but then there are also tens of large fights per year. Then there are obviously many, many fights which less casual fans would be interested in. I think you're ignoring all the facts and all the info about upcoming youngsters simply because you want it to be true. Just like people wanted it to be true back in 2005-6 before De La Hoya v Mayweather happened and Pacquiao became huge.

Apparently you're no listening....there are 1-3 MEGAFIGHTS per year...i.e. the types which earn the fighters 100 times more than any UFC fighter, but then there are also tens of large fights per year. Then there are obviously many, many fights which less casual fans would be interested in. I think you're ignoring all the facts and all the info about upcoming youngsters simply because you want it to be true. Just like people wanted it to be true back in 2005-6 before De La Hoya v Mayweather happened and Pacquiao became huge.

Name the less larger fights that will gain boxing more publicity/money please...

LMAO @ MEGAFIGHTS

I already forgot who Paq' fought in his last fight and didnt even watch Floyd fight because we all knew his was going to win...Yet I watched Ultimate fighter last night and I will watch the new episode tonight, because these no namers have more potential in a 2 round fight to do something I will remember than these MEGAFIGHTS. Let me know when Tyson in his prime comes back to fight Floyd, I will watch that lol

Haha. Just let them believe what they want to believe jd_uk. They can't grasp the reality of what boxing is. They are upset that it's still here and they will be upset in the future that its still number 1 around the world. It's like beating your head on the side of the wall with these guys. You guys have a right to your own opinion but I don't have to time for pointless debates time after time anymore. Goodluck to both mma and boxing. One last thing, I watch both and I enjoy it. I'm Happy.

Haha. Just let them believe what they want to believe jd_uk. They can't grasp the reality of what boxing is. They are upset that it's still here and they will be upset in the future that its still number 1 around the world. It's like beating your head on the side of the wall with these guys. You guys have a right to your own opinion but I don't have to time for pointless debates time after time anymore. Goodluck to both mma and boxing. One last thing, I watch both and I enjoy it. I'm Happy.

Im not upset at all. i dont dis like boxing in anyway. I am calling it like i see it. Let me tell you i think about the pac mayweather fight on a daily basis. i want it to happen so bad. But other then that i couldnt come up with another fight if i wanted to.. I was just watching friday night fights last night. i like boxing but its not as big as mma anymore.

Look at all the mma shit sold at stores now. its insane. all the mma shirts at buckle, affliction, rvca. tapout is everywhere. randy's line. its all over. does boxing have clothing?

I want pac to beat mayweather so bad i would pay 100 dollars to watch the fight. I want to see that more then any UFC fight right now. doesnt mean boxing is bigger.

Name the less larger fights that will gain boxing more publicity/money please...

I thought I'd already mentioned some names? Any of these guys have big fights and they are only my personal favourites at the moment. Like any sport, there's no point me listing off names that you don't know, especially if you aren't even bothered about the sport anyway. Go to a boxing fan site if you have an interest in up and coming names. Or even just go to a local news site like CBS because I noticed that the boxing sections there are more prominent there than other 'combat sports'.

Khan v Malignaggi this weekend should be an interesting fight, especially with all the words that have been exchanged prior to the fight. I'm looking forward to it - hopeflly Freddie Roach's magic will have rubbed off on Khan and he'll shut Malignaggi up.

MEGAFIGHTS??? Didn't see any MEGA. Maybe you can. All seemed like a belt holder trying to keep it that way...

I've just heard the phrase thrown around in the press, certainly over here anyway aboiut the Mayweather v Mosley fight and as far as I'm concerned, when it makes that much money then it is a megafight. Any fan of the sport gets very excited about a fight like that.

Im not upset at all. i dont dis like boxing in anyway. I am calling it like i see it. Let me tell you i think about the pac mayweather fight on a daily basis. i want it to happen so bad. But other then that i couldnt come up with another fight if i wanted to.. I was just watching friday night fights last night. i like boxing but its not as big as mma anymore.

There is just no proof at all that MMA is a bigger sport than boxing. Globally there is no way it is. The figures suggest it also isn't as big (and like i said, nobody knows the true fighures because it is mainly one PRIVATE company). Then to go further and say 'boxing has died' is just ridiculous and I don't even need to repeat why. Some of the comments you've made here make me question how much of a boxing fan youare, or how much you know about the sport. I was speaking to an American friend about this and he just said either you're making some things up or it's very different in your state.

Look at all the mma shit sold at stores now. its insane. all the mma shirts at buckle, affliction, rvca. tapout is everywhere. randy's line. its all over. does boxing have clothing?

So, boxing is dead because MMA has clothing brands linked to it??? I own boxing clothing yes but I wouldn't try to use that as proof that boxing is popular. Boxing has been around for a long time and is a global sport, not a commercial company (or in this case probably associated companies). MMA has clothes like WWE has clothes, so what? I don't think I've seen any MMA clothes in the UK apart from once in a magazine with that Alex Reid (don't ask) wearing a 'tap out' t-shirt.

I want pac to beat mayweather so bad i would pay 100 dollars to watch the fight. I want to see that more then any UFC fight right now. doesnt mean boxing is bigger.

I felt the same until I saw Mayweather's performance against Mosley. Have to give him respect after taking shots like that and coming back to dominate. The guy is just quality - to see them fight each other would be amazing.

YouTube - Incredible Floyd Mayweather Jr Training Tribute

yep. the thing is I'm not even claiming that MMA hasn't done well. Like i said, it's been marketed very intelligently. I'm just responding to completely stupid and unsubstantiated comments from people like Joe Rogan who claim 'boxing is dead'. It's just a myth perpetuated by those with a business interest in MMA and then some MMA fans pick up on it with no real clue of the facts.

You seen Khan fight before? Think he'll take out Malignaggi?

Top Bottom