Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The old boxing v MMA debate

idk where your buddy lives but i live in chicago. go into any bar anywhere in the city and atleast one guy will have an afliction tshirt or extreme couture. when i say atleast one i am being very generous. more like atleast 10-15. and most of those guys are mma fans. not to many people spend 50+ dollars for a tshirt and have no idea about it. I personally have randy coutures affliction shirt from his last ufc fight. and vitor belforts RVCA tee. wanted to buy bj penns last shirt but it didnt fit right.

i dont really care about whats going on in the world. in america the norm doesnt care about boxing. when UFC has their ppv events i could probably find 10-20 different houses to go watch it at where 10+ people will be there or go to any sports bar and it will be packed. Bars get packed for fights with mayweather and pac but like many people have said. those fights dont happen every month. or even every couple of months.

UFC is everywhere. plain and simple. go to fucking walmart and they have ufc fighter posters. its growing so fast. go to any regular gym and noobs with tapout shirts are kicking the punching bags. I know of like 10 different places i could go watch mma fights every weekend. with big crowds. I know of tons of gyms i could go sign up to take mma classes. I lived right down the street from MTC in schaumburg IL where beybee and clay guida train. I went there and rolled with a friend who fights out of that gym.

its just everywhere and boxing isnt. plain and simple. and im not some retard fan either. i watch it for fun and slightly follow it. my hobby is racing cars. But i cant deny how big mma is. atleast in chicago. pretty good amout of people there.

And i dont hate boxing. I was a wrestler in HS. since then ive trained boxing more then mma. i love physically boxing myself. i hate rolling with jitz guys it boils my blood.

idk where your buddy lives but i live in chicago. go into any bar anywhere in the city and atleast one guy will have an afliction tshirt or extreme couture. when i say atleast one i am being very generous. more like atleast 10-15. and most of those guys are mma fans. not to many people spend 50+ dollars for a tshirt and have no idea about it. I personally have randy coutures affliction shirt from his last ufc fight. and vitor belforts RVCA tee. wanted to buy bj penns last shirt but it didnt fit right.

i dont really care about whats going on in the world. in america the norm doesnt care about boxing. when UFC has their ppv events i could probably find 10-20 different houses to go watch it at where 10+ people will be there or go to any sports bar and it will be packed. Bars get packed for fights with mayweather and pac but like many people have said. those fights dont happen every month. or even every couple of months.

UFC is everywhere. plain and simple. go to fucking walmart and they have ufc fighter posters. its growing so fast. go to any regular gym and noobs with tapout shirts are kicking the punching bags. I know of like 10 different places i could go watch mma fights every weekend. with big crowds. I know of tons of gyms i could go sign up to take mma classes. I lived right down the street from MTC in schaumburg IL where beybee and clay guida train. I went there and rolled with a friend who fights out of that gym.

its just everywhere and boxing isnt. plain and simple. and im not some retard fan either. i watch it for fun and slightly follow it. my hobby is racing cars. But i cant deny how big mma is. atleast in chicago. pretty good amout of people there.

And i dont hate boxing. I was a wrestler in HS. since then ive trained boxing more then mma. i love physically boxing myself. i hate rolling with jitz guys it boils my blood.

Fair enough, I'm not gonna argue with what you see as I can't see what you see. I'm not even going to argue that MMA hasn't done well. I just will argue when people claim boxing is dead because the figures say different and those are North American figures.

Globally, there is no comparison although again MMA is stil doing well.

Let's hope Pacquiao Mayweather happens.

i forgot about malignaggi. who is that mexican fellow he lost to and then came back and beat pretty good. i enjoyed that fight and enjoyed his style. when is this fight?

DO you mean Juan Diaz? I didn't see that fight but heard about it.

The fight is tonight at Madison Square Gardens. Khan is hoping it will be his 'intoduction to America'. If he gets caught he's in trouble as his chin isn't good but his speed/power is awesome.

Last edited:
malignaggi is a show boat asshole but i like the way he fights. and i dont like newcomers from other countries lol.

Michael Wilbon from PTI on ESPN (today's show while talking about horse racing): "Horse racing right now, although it got some decent ratings during the last few years for triple crown chances, like boxing, is dead. Completely dead."

Just saying...again lol

I agree with jd-uk. Boxing is the superior sport. Much more exciting to watch guys hit each other than grapple with each other. And if you're a fighter, boxing is where the money's at. And anyone that says mma training is harder, obviously hasn't boxed. I've competed in both and boxing is a much more demanding sport. In boxing they make you FIGHT the whole time. If you try to hold onto your opponent, they seperate you and make your ass FIGHT, not hug and rest.

Top Bottom