Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The old boxing v MMA debate

Some of my favourite fighters to watch at the moment are Mayweather, Pacquiao, Haye, Khan, Froch, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley despite being schooled, Paul Williams and maybe BHop just for his old school skills.

dont know haye or khan but cotto, margarito, mosley and hopkins are washed up.. Didnt cotto just lose again? mosley wont get another shot and hopkins is a nobody now. hes old as hell and since he lost to calzaghe no one cares anymore. who was that black guy from america that lost a decision to froch. that was straight rigged. i guess you have to beat the champ to be the champ but in a normal bout froch lost.

redsamurai just because pac isn't 265 roided circus show dosen't mean he isn't as dangerous as brock. Size has nothing to do with speed, will, heart, instincts, drive, guts, and skill sets. You can lifts to grew muscles but you can't lift to obtain balls.

found this searching boxing payday..

like everyone is saying. big names make the money. other pros cant make a living.
Pacquiao made $3 million and Marquez $1 million for their epic rematch, but there were five fighters of the 14 on that show who made $3,500 or less.

Some of my favourite fighters to watch at the moment are Mayweather, Pacquiao, Haye, Khan, Froch, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley despite being schooled, Paul Williams and maybe BHop just for his old school skills. As for the up and coming names there are loads but there's no point me coming out with names if you don't even like the sport. This 17 year old kid looks damn good though YouTube - 17 year old Jose Benavedez and Manny Pacquiao sparring.avi.

Yes there is corruption in boxing, some of it is terrible. Yes there is handpicking. But it's not like boxing is basically just one company. I've been on MMA forums where they all claim the greatest is Fedor - however he won't even fight the supposedly big names in UFC. I just don't know how people criticise boxing politics when MMA is basically just one company dominating (and paying sh*t) and anyone outside of that is just internet myth.

btw I'm out for the night!

Paul williams is very good. I actually picked him over Palvik for the win. Citron and Paul are happening this Sat. Can't wait, but paul is to fast, has a higher punch out put, has amazing lenght adavantage, more experienced, has a win over the tornado that will have a mind effect on cintron, who couldn't beat the man. Pual should take this, unless he connect flush on that chin. Paul has the thomas hearns body, the punchers body, he'll need to fight like hearns.

LMAO, you keep talking about the boxers needing protection because of their super awesome punching ability...sadly thats all they have because, well its all they can do and its all they train to do...geeez that's tough. MMA guys TRAIN in boxing as well as many other skills, so how is it that you are giving all the credit to boxers for punching? MMA fighters practice with their hands as much as boxers but they also train every other aspect of their game, so again, being an MMA fighter takes more training, skill, and ability to take pain, and they don't whine about "extra protection" lol You are a joke if you think boxers NEED the protection because of their all powerful godly punching ability, seeing as MMA guys train IN BOXING the exact same way, they just train for more...Fuckin, jokin me...You cant argue with "boxing people" their arguments make no sense and they are living in the 80's apparently.

Are you kiddin' me? LOL! The punching ablitities of people in mma is sad. No footwork, flat footed most of the time, looking down and not at your opponent when throwing punches, loading up, telegraphed shots you know that's coming, very easy to hit, don't know how to set much up in the way of hands. Not even at the same level dude. It takes to long for someone in there 20s to even reach a decent level to boxing standard. Boxer perfect boxing skill cause thats what they do. Like I stated early in this thread, boxers come from other background. Stupid to assume they just know how to box. I've listed names of boxers that were great wrestlers, train some mma, and done kickboxing before boxing. They choose to go with the money.

LMAO, you keep talking about the boxers needing protection because of their super awesome punching ability...sadly thats all they have because, well its all they can do and its all they train to do...geeez that's tough. MMA guys TRAIN in boxing as well as many other skills, so how is it that you are giving all the credit to boxers for punching? MMA fighters practice with their hands as much as boxers but they also train every other aspect of their game, so again, being an MMA fighter takes more training, skill, and ability to take pain, and they don't whine about "extra protection" lol You are a joke if you think boxers NEED the protection because of their all powerful godly punching ability, seeing as MMA guys train IN BOXING the exact same way, they just train for more...Fuckin, jokin me...You cant argue with "boxing people" their arguments make no sense and they are living in the 80's apparently.

It's harder to perfect something then just to be okay in a bunch of things. LOL! that's like saying bo jacksons the best ever because he played 2 sports, so that makes him better then any past great there ever was. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. To perfect something is way harder and having a better talent pool makes it harder to successed in. Why is it so hard for you to understand that?

footwork and stance is not the same in mma as it is in boxing. the way a boxer turns their hips in on a hook or step in on an uppercut cannot happen in mma. you get taken down/slammed on your head. mma leads to a lot more akward punches. moving back ect. thats how the sport is. plain and simple.

LMAO, his logic makes no sense. You are comparing THE TOP TOP TOP fighters and saying "oh wow look at the money." I bet you if they put old ass Tyson back in the ring against Sylvester Stalone they would pull that much money too? And? These 2 fighters are the ONLY ones that would get that pay day and ONLY when fighting each other. People watch them for their celebrity as much as the fight, if not more. When Boxing commentators have been on ESPN all week saying how bad the sport has gotten, stating its no longer exciting, there are no real draws, and ratings are terrible...come on...

Sometimes people were expecting more in a fight, they state it sometimes. Are you sawing every MMA fight is so unforgetable? LOL! Randy couture is about as fun as looking for a needle in a haystack these days.

I'm not aware of the situation between the two. Last I heard Barnett wasn't fighting anymore and was going back to pro wrestling. I can't imagine why Fedor would duck him, if that's what you're implying. Fedor has mauled people that beat Barnett badly. I was never too impressed with Barnetts' tools anyway.

No barnnet was menetioned here. He was scared and he should be, fedor is the best mma fighter there is. He was ducking him, but barnnet has done a lot and fought many in the sport of mma. I don't think he isn't a coward, I wish he would of fought him though. Things take time sometimes to come to pass. He's fighing again, he just won in Dream.

dont know haye or khan but cotto, margarito, mosley and hopkins are washed up.. Didnt cotto just lose again? mosley wont get another shot and hopkins is a nobody now. hes old as hell and since he lost to calzaghe no one cares anymore. who was that black guy from america that lost a decision to froch. that was straight rigged. i guess you have to beat the champ to be the champ but in a normal bout froch lost.

Hopkins??? LOL! He beats the best and continues to win at the highest level. He schooled a prime beast of a puncher Kelly at the height of his career. Fought wales top fighter and hanged with the best MW of our time. Washed up, hell no. Al those guys mention got gas in the tank and have what it takes to be at top again. People loose and comeback. It happens.

Top Bottom