Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The old boxing v MMA debate

My friends used to order every major boxing fight, we would have parties to watch the ppv's...not one single person I know cares at all anymore, unless they can gt it for free online. Bars and clubs here used to pay for boxing PPVs, now they say its not worth it at all but they order and show all the UFC and MMA fights...I guess you guys are right (rolls eyes). I'll stick with my boxing analysts on ESPN that over the last few weeks are admitting how horrible the sport is right now, which I completely agree with.

My friends used to order every major boxing fight, we would have parties to watch the ppv's...not one single person I know cares at all anymore, unless they can gt it for free online. Bars and clubs here used to pay for boxing PPVs, now they say its not worth it at all but they order and show all the UFC and MMA fights...I guess you guys are right (rolls eyes). I'll stick with my boxing analysts on ESPN that over the last few weeks are admitting how horrible the sport is right now, which I completely agree with.

Maybe you need to look outside the box though? Every sport criticises itself. Every reputable sport anyway. I even agree that there are faults with boxing, but to claim it is dying or even dead is just nonsense.

Are your friends some kind of high end individuals who determine what is popular and what isn't? Excuse us. LOL! Some fights haven't lived up to expectations but other's exceed it. You and your friends can roll your eyes all you want. Go nuts. Nothings gonna change and boxing will continue to grow with it's globalization of success. Don't be mad for the fact boxing is much greatly established in the world. Be happy and enjoy what you like, no need to get all worked up over nothing that pretains to your own agenda. It's all good.

boxing has 1-2 fights a year. how many has just UFC had? they have been popular since like UFC 70. they just did 113.

the point is dumb to argue. UFC just got popular. just wait a few more years. mark my words. after pac and mayweather fight its down hill after that. no one is following anymore so the new guys wont matter. but i will be paying to see that fight. i am still a fan of them. after that idgaf.

boxing has 1-2 fights a year. how many has just UFC had? they have been popular since like UFC 70. they just did 113.

the point is dumb to argue. UFC just got popular. just wait a few more years. mark my words. after pac and mayweather fight its down hill after that. no one is following anymore so the new guys wont matter. but i will be paying to see that fight. i am still a fan of them. after that idgaf.

Main events every week around the world show casing the best around from their country. There are big name figthers just waiting to break out all over. The money is there to motivate the best to enter. I remember seeing manny back in early 2003 fighting at the Olympic Auditorium, in Los Angeles to win his 1st major championship fight. Told myself he was good, but didn't know he'd get as big as he was going to be. No one knew him then and no one can know until they continue establish themeselves and grow into an icon they worked so hard to obtain from such a young age. In time things become great. Not all of a sudden. Cool it now, you are gonna lose control pal. LOL!

the money is where? besides the huge fights they arent making shit per fight. less then mma fyi. thats easy to google.

MMA is small boxing is big. Don't know how mma fans can keep ignoring facts. The numbers and popularity of boxing around the world does not lie. People like you let your own pesonal preference get in the way of acknowledging other's great accomplishment's just cause you don't care. Boxing is a cycle that just keeps on going. When one star moves on another takes it's place.

How many ppv fights in boxing are there compared to MMA fights annually? Maybe a few in boxing will bring in money. There's a lot more people willing to pay for MMA fights on a monthly basis than there is in boxing though. If you put some of the fighters you stated the takes would be extremely low. And I'm willing to say none of the promoters or fighters in MMA are crying.

Also you said star(singular). Honestly there aren't any big names anymore in boxing besides the latter stated. You can't say honestly say you believe that there's more attention being brought to boxing over MMA. No one gets excited about boxing anymore besides names they recognize. There's tons of dumbfucks willing to pay for fights just because of names...

Main events every week around the world show casing the best around from their country. There are big name figthers just waiting to break out all over. The money is there to motivate the best to enter. I remember seeing manny back in early 2003 fighting at the Olympic Auditorium, in Los Angeles to win his 1st major championship fight. Told myself he was good, but didn't know he'd get as big as he was going to be. No one knew him then and no one can know until they continue establish themeselves and grow into an icon they worked so hard to obtain from such a young age. In time things become great. Not all of a sudden. Cool it now, you are gonna lose control pal. LOL!

And how are these break out fighters supposed to peak our interest in the meantime???

Top Bottom