Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My new anti hairloss stack

The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism Vol. 90, No. 3 1502-1510
Copyright © 2005 by The Endocrine Society

Exogenous Testosterone (T) Alone or with Finasteride Increases Physical Performance, Grip Strength, and Lean Body Mass in Older Men with Low Serum T

Stephanie T. Page, John K. Amory, F. DuBois Bowman, Bradley D. Anawalt, Alvin M. Matsumoto, William J. Bremner and J. Lisa Tenover
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine (J.L.T.), Atlanta, Georgia 30329; Department of Biostatistics (F.D.B.), Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia 30322; and Department of Medicine (S.T.P., J.K.A., B.D.A., A.M.M., W.J.B.), Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System (B.D.A., A.M.M.), and Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (A.M.M.), University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: J. Lisa Tenover, Wesley Woods Health Center, 1841 Clifton Road Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia 30329-5102. E-mail: [email protected].

Testosterone (T) therapy in older men with low serum T levels increases lean body mass and decreases fat mass. These changes might improve physical performance and strength; however, it has not been established whether T therapy improves functional outcome in older men. Moreover, concerns exist about the impact of T therapy on the prostate in older men. The administration of finasteride (F), which partially blocks the conversion of T to the more potent androgen, dihydrotestosterone, attenuates the impact of T replacement on prostate size and prostate-specific antigen. We hypothesized that T replacement in older, hypogonadal men would improve physical function and that the addition of F to this regimen would continue to provide the T-induced improvements in physical performance, strength, and body composition. Seventy men with low serum T (<350 ng/dl), age 65 yr and older, were randomly assigned to receive one of three regimens for 36 months: 1) T enanthate, 200 mg im every 2 wk, with placebo pills daily (T-only); 2) T enanthate, 200 mg every 2 wk, with 5 mg F daily (T + F); or 3) placebo injections and pills (placebo). We obtained serial measurements of timed physical performance, grip strength, lower extremity strength, body composition (by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry), fasting cholesterol profiles, and hormones. Fifty men completed the 36-month protocol. After 36 months, T therapy significantly improved performance in a timed functional test when compared with baseline and placebo [4.3 ± 1.6% (mean ± SEM, T-only) and 3.8 ± 1.0% (T + F) vs. –5.6 ± 1.9% for placebo (P < 0.002 for both T and T + F vs. placebo)] and increased handgrip strength compared with baseline and placebo (P < 0.05). T therapy increased lean body mass [3.77 ± 0.55 kg (T-only) and 3.64 ± 0.56 kg (T + F) vs. –0.21 ± 0.55 kg for placebo (P < 0.0001)], decreased fat mass, and significantly decreased total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein, and leptin, without affecting high-density lipoprotein, adiponectin, or fasting insulin levels. These results demonstrate that T therapy in older men with low serum T improves physical performance and strength over 36 months, when administered alone or when combined with F, and suggest that high serum levels of dihydrotestosterone are not essential for these beneficial effects of T in men.

Magick69: I appreciate that you are trying to give out helpful information and what you have written is extremely useful.

Like you, I am concerned about how I look, but..............We need to fight back against the medical companies and wig weavers who tell us that bald is old and ugly and that you're some kind of freak if you lose your hair.

There is nothing wrong with losing your hair. hey, its not as if its a medical condition, but everyone seems to be offering medical solutions! Vin Diesal, he's doing alright, so is Billy Zane, Andre Agassi - nothing wrong with him, Bruce Willis looks $1m now that he;s shaven his head and dropped the wig, and all these blokes have no problem with their careers, love lives, and I don't hear anyone giving them a hardtime about being bald as we're all so used to them. Its the same with the "common" man. Once people see you the second time with a shaved head, they never comment on it again! The only person who looks like an idiot in this country is that walking advertisment for his local carpet shop - Elton John!

I appreciate your post and its very helpful, but I'm sure you also understand that the point I am making is equally as valid and I have a hell of a lot of experience as you have.

riverrock said:
Magick69: I appreciate that you are trying to give out helpful information and what you have written is extremely useful.

Like you, I am concerned about how I look, but..............We need to fight back against the medical companies and wig weavers who tell us that bald is old and ugly and that you're some kind of freak if you lose your hair.

There is nothing wrong with losing your hair. hey, its not as if its a medical condition, but everyone seems to be offering medical solutions! Vin Diesal, he's doing alright, so is Billy Zane, Andre Agassi - nothing wrong with him, Bruce Willis looks $1m now that he;s shaven his head and dropped the wig, and all these blokes have no problem with their careers, love lives, and I don't hear anyone giving them a hardtime about being bald as we're all so used to them. Its the same with the "common" man. Once people see you the second time with a shaved head, they never comment on it again! The only person who looks like an idiot in this country is that walking advertisment for his local carpet shop - Elton John!

I appreciate your post and its very helpful, but I'm sure you also understand that the point I am making is equally as valid and I have a hell of a lot of experience as you have.

hey river my post was not meant to be a criticism, and i apologise if you perceived in this way.
i agree exactly with what you say about society pressures (but this is not only about hair, but also about body etc..) and if i was bald i would certianly shaved my head instead of putting a wig on :)

i just read at times so much misinformation about hairloss in bodybuilding threads that i thought to start sharing real info -not myth- so i could benefit from them and other bros could as well..

Nice post :)

I agree with you 100%, although that is a whole different topic.

No-one is saying bald is a medical condition or changes you as a person..etc.

I actually respect those people who are strong enough mentally to except it. After all, this is a vain subject.

I don't wanna make a whole debate about this, but people who are worried about losing their hair (myself included) must be slightly insecure. I would be the first to admit that. I would find it difficult to come to terms with and let go of that "attachment".

But yes, I think you are spot on in what you said and I admire you for that. But that is a slightly seperate topic :)

Magick69 said:
hey river my post was not meant to be a criticism, and i apologise if you perceived in this way.
i agree exactly with what you say about society pressures (but this is not only about hair, but also about body etc..) and if i was bald i would certianly shaved my head instead of putting a wig on :)

i just read at times so much misinformation about hairloss in bodybuilding threads that i thought to start sharing real info -not myth- so i could benefit from them and other bros could as well..

Absolutely no offence taken at all! Again, I think is great that you have posted factual information that can be backed up with reliable sources and research. You wouldn't believe some of the nonsence that goes around about hair. Stuff like "Get a good tight haircut at least twice a year and it'll grow back thicker". Dutasteride and Finasteride definitely works. Hey, I'm using it as we speak (just took a tablet now), but once the scar revision has faded enough, the razor is coming out!

As a matter of interest, how much Finasteride were you taking with your cycle? I'll assume you take Testosterone? Is it medically proven that Finasteride and Nandrolone is a no-no? I've never had the guts to go and find out!

riverrock said:
Absolutely no offence taken at all! Again, I think is great that you have posted factual information that can be backed up with reliable sources and research. You wouldn't believe some of the nonsence that goes around about hair. Stuff like "Get a good tight haircut at least twice a year and it'll grow back thicker". Dutasteride and Finasteride definitely works. Hey, I'm using it as we speak (just took a tablet now), but once the scar revision has faded enough, the razor is coming out!

As a matter of interest, how much Finasteride were you taking with your cycle? I'll assume you take Testosterone? Is it medically proven that Finasteride and Nandrolone is a no-no? I've never had the guts to go and find out!

no bro never took test because is very risky even if you take anti-hairloss stack...
i do not make difference between on cycle and non; i take 1,5 mg finasteride a day and spiro once a day and remox IV once a day but when on cycle i start to use more aggressive stuff; spiro twice; nizoral, promox and for deca just in case revivogen :chomp:
no is not medically proven; i read many threads of people using Deca-Durabolin - nandrolone decanoate - and finasteride without problems

i guess to sort this problem ; some need to do it and i have decided on march to check :worried:
but i am almost 99% sure is a myth

Man, I hope you can dispell that myth once and for all.

Just remember to run a prolactin inhibitor with the deca.

I might do this in February:

Anavar or Tbol 40-50mg: week 1 - 6
NPP 200mg (100mg E3D): week 3 - 6

Cop said he did something similar to this with good results. I wanna add 30lbs to my lifts in the next 6 months.

I want to know what the half-life of Finastride is though. Can't find any info right now.

funkyfresh said:
Man, I hope you can dispell that myth once and for all.

Just remember to run a prolactin inhibitor with the Deca-Durabolin - nandrolone decanoate - .

I might do this in February:

Anavar or Turanabol 40-50mg: week 1 - 6
NPP - Nandrolone PhenylPropionate - 200mg (100mg E3D): week 3 - 6

Cop said he did something similar to this with good results. I wanna add 30lbs to my lifts in the next 6 months.

I want to know what the half-life of Finastride is though. Can't find any info right now.

Duration of Effects
The serum half-life of finasteride is 6 to 8 hours. Dutasteride has a serum half-life of approximately 4 weeks, and this long half-life was evident in the persistent suppression of DHT with the 0.5-mg and 2.5-mg doses after dutasteride treatment was stopped. Because of this long half-life, men being treated with dutasteride should not donate blood until at least 6 months past their last dose to prevent administration to a pregnant female transfusion recipient.

Thanks bud,

If i stopped a week before the NPP, should be ok. I know that the whole deca-finastride thing may be a myth. But I don't wanna chance it until someone can dispell that once and for all.

funkyfresh said:
Thanks bud,

If i stopped a week before the NPP - Nandrolone PhenylPropionate - , should be ok. I know that the whole Deca-Durabolin - nandrolone decanoate - -finastride thing may be a myth. But I don't wanna chance it until someone can dispell that once and for all.

This is something I have been concerned about for a long time but have never had the guts to test it.

Top Bottom