Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MM107's Bulking/Progress Thread w/ Pics

I wouldn't bother.....if you absolutely can't chin at the end, do them instead of chins.....but I always just say do few exercises, but hammer them hard, and make sure they are quality, bang for your buck movements that train as much of the body as possible at once.

If you're rowing at a 90 degree angle and strictly, which recruits the lats, I'd even say just go all out, do 5x5, then 2 backoff sets of 8 and just leave it at DL and Rows.....but if you have any gas left, try the chins and if you really feel the need to do something and you can't chin, lat pulls can't hurt, but they arent really necessary.

mm107 said:
Log update!

Chest
Flat Bench: warmed up to 225x3 245x1 265x0 255x0 245x1 185x5
Flat Bench w/ Green Bands: 135x8 145x7 165x5
Incline Dumbbells: 80x7 90x3(wrist gave in, was wierd) 90x5 90x5
Incline Fly’s (Superseted BW Dips) : 60x10 70x6 60x7 50x7

Abs

Roll Outs: Full Roll out, till chest taps floor. 10x4
Stabilaztion work: Seated on but, grabbed knees, leaned back, put hands above head and held there. You can feel the stomach really trying to keep you balanced. Did this 10s Holds X 10. I did this for 2 reps.
Decline Bench w/ Purple Band: 20reps, 15reps, 10reps + 5 negatives, 5reps + 5 negatives

One of the PL’s there, showed me how to do “Pull Throughs” with the Big Green Band. Basically wrap the band, walk it out with the bands between legs. Go far where the legs are tight and proceed to “fuck” the band while its pulling u back, Its supposed to really work the Deadlift lockout muscles.

with your flat bench, am I wrong to assume that your green bands are actually Mini's? typically someone says Green bands, they are talking about the Averages, and if someone says Blue bands, they are talking about the strongs, if someone says Purple bands they are talking about the lights, and well, Minis are called Mini's.

how did you manage to do a decline bench with the bands? was it a reverse band set up, or did you actually have the the bands anchored on the ground? if it was the latter of the two, how did you manage to have tension on the bottom of the lift?

pull throughs with the bands are an excellent exercies. you can also do them on the cable machines (you know the ones that most people do cable flies with.) use the rope attachment, and set the machine on the bottom setting (should be close to the ground). grasp the rope like you would the bands to do the pull throughs, and walk it out. the idea is that when you are all the way down, and your hands are extended between your legs, you don't want the plates from the cable machine to bottom out. same w/ the bands. when your hands are extended through your legs, you still want the band tension.

Illuminati said:
with your flat bench, am I wrong to assume that your green bands are actually Mini's? typically someone says Green bands, they are talking about the Averages, and if someone says Blue bands, they are talking about the strongs, if someone says Purple bands they are talking about the lights, and well, Minis are called Mini's.

how did you manage to do a decline bench with the bands? was it a reverse band set up, or did you actually have the the bands anchored on the ground? if it was the latter of the two, how did you manage to have tension on the bottom of the lift?

pull throughs with the bands are an excellent exercies. you can also do them on the cable machines (you know the ones that most people do cable flies with.) use the rope attachment, and set the machine on the bottom setting (should be close to the ground). grasp the rope like you would the bands to do the pull throughs, and walk it out. the idea is that when you are all the way down, and your hands are extended between your legs, you don't want the plates from the cable machine to bottom out. same w/ the bands. when your hands are extended through your legs, you still want the band tension.

Hey Illuminati, thanks for the good info man. Yea, the Green Bands, are behind the purple bands in tension.

The decline bench is a nice easy setup, you know the regular decline bench, Strap the rubber bands around the bottom(mine has a thick piece of steel, so it isnt that close to the padding) then grab one with one arm and put it on like a backpack, then grab the other one and do the same. Now with the purple bands they do tend to really get at the shoulders(rubbing wise). If ya dont get it ill grab some pics next time for ya. About the tension, the purple band fits snugly so there is alot of resistance, like for say if i cant do more and im doing negatives where my partner is pulling me and im going down slowy, when im out of gas, it literally snatches me back and i slam on the bench.

Yea, i deadlifted today, so i did the pullthroughs, great excercise again, but once we looked crazy, lol fuck it i love it.

Thanks again for the read, big k to ya when i get my platy back...

mm107 said:
Hey Illuminati, thanks for the good info man. Yea, the Green Bands, are behind the purple bands in tension.

The decline bench is a nice easy setup, you know the regular decline bench, Strap the rubber bands around the bottom(mine has a thick piece of steel, so it isnt that close to the padding) then grab one with one arm and put it on like a backpack, then grab the other one and do the same. Now with the purple bands they do tend to really get at the shoulders(rubbing wise). If ya dont get it ill grab some pics next time for ya. About the tension, the purple band fits snugly so there is alot of resistance, like for say if i cant do more and im doing negatives where my partner is pulling me and im going down slowy, when im out of gas, it literally snatches me back and i slam on the bench.

Yea, i deadlifted today, so i did the pullthroughs, great excercise again, but once we looked crazy, lol fuck it i love it.

Thanks again for the read, big k to ya when i get my platy back...

basically you have to band wrapped around your back, and you are holding the loop ends in the palm of your hand? yes/no?

I used to do something similiar when I first got mine a few years back. I would wrap the bands around my back, hold them in the palm of my hands, and do flies with them. (this is when I was in the transition of from bodybuilding to powerlifting).

another thing you can do, instead of wrapping the bands around your shoulders, you can just go around your rip cage, and have the bands come around close to your arm pits, and do pressing movements that way.

BiggT said:
I wouldn't bother.....if you absolutely can't chin at the end, do them instead of chins.....but I always just say do few exercises, but hammer them hard, and make sure they are quality, bang for your buck movements that train as much of the body as possible at once.

If you're rowing at a 90 degree angle and strictly, which recruits the lats, I'd even say just go all out, do 5x5, then 2 backoff sets of 8 and just leave it at DL and Rows.....but if you have any gas left, try the chins and if you really feel the need to do something and you can't chin, lat pulls can't hurt, but they arent really necessary.

Did some Chins, left the lat work out today, did a decent 3 sets of 5, second set partner helped me after 5 to 10 , but i had a 25 chain wrapped around my back(on a towel). SHRUGED 780lbs, for 7 SICK i was so fuckin pumped.

Deadlifted 423 raw, then went for it again, missed, so belted up, hit it easy, so did it 2 more times. Then went to 400 for last one. Then proceeded to to workout little more deads, with 3 mats(standing on them) so i can get my lower part of the lift stronger. I warmed up to 309 x 5

Ill post up my routine little later, little busy just dropped in to sayyy whats upp

thanks bigT much K bro

mm107 said:
Did some Chins, left the lat work out today, did a decent 3 sets of 5, second set partner helped me after 5 to 10 , but i had a 25 chain wrapped around my back(on a towel). SHRUGED 780lbs, for 7 SICK i was so fuckin pumped.

Deadlifted 423 raw, then went for it again, missed, so belted up, hit it easy, so did it 2 more times. Then went to 400 for last one. Then proceeded to to workout little more deads, with 3 mats(standing on them) so i can get my lower part of the lift stronger. I warmed up to 309 x 5

Ill post up my routine little later, little busy just dropped in to sayyy whats upp

thanks bigT much K bro

YOU SHRUGGED 780 for 7 reps?!?!

Updated Pics. As of June 1, 2006. Enjoy. Criticism is welcome. Thanks alot for reading the log, ill update my routine for the day little later, like i said above i had a great day lifting.

Stats
Age 20 whoowhoo
Height: 6'0
Weight: 185lbs
Waist: 32inches
Arms: 16inches

Front Chest
100_1375.jpg

Calves

100_1374.jpg

Quads
100_1373.jpg