Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my HST

My chiro and physio are just people I've found in the phone book. Made an appointment and paid on the day. I might have been able to see someone for free through the National Health Service (public sector), but it was quicker to find someone myself as it wasn't expensive. I don't know how things work over there.

Thanks for asking. The groin is feeling much better today, although when I get up from sitting I feel some tightness in my hip. After a few strides it loosens up and I feel somewhat normal.

I had in my mind to squat today, but I'm going to give it one more day of rest and try tomorrow.

I did a couple practice squats late last night with just the bar, although not sure how accurate a barometer it was since I was in my slippers :coffee:

Sucks abotu the groin, it looks like you were making some good progress with this workout...

Hopefully it will heal up fast.

Thank you for the comments, guys. It's much appreciated.

Today I felt pretty good. The groin pain is pretty much gone although the tightness is still there right when I get up out of a chair. I went to the gym because - and I don't know what else to call it - I was going through squat withdrawals. Maybe it's because my squat's not that great to start with so I'm scared of regressing even more.

6-12-06 W5/6 (?)

Squat
Bar x 10
135 x 5
185 x 1
225 x 1
255 x 1
275 x 5
225 x 5

Kind of a feeling out workout. 275 felt pretty good strength wise, except I had a wobble on my last rep. I did another set of 225 and it didn't feel as light as a back-off set should. Anyway, I felt no pain anywhere but I was very very careful about everything and didn't want to push anything so I left it at that.

Bench
225 x 3 x 5

Switched to bench because I still felt a twinge in my shoulder from the wide dip bars at my gym. Pretty easy, I did them with a little closer grip than usual, although I wouldn't call the CG.

BB Row
225 x 3 x 5

Last set was the best of the 3, had some hump action off the floor on the first 2. Moved my grip in a bit and that seemed to help.

Overall: Probably not the smartest thing to do, squatting today. But I couldn't help it and I feel pretty good. Working out always seems to help, and I did copius amounts of stretching afterwards. We'll see what Wed brings.

Good workout. I know what you mean about dip bars that are too wide. I ditched them altogether my last time through because of shoulder twinge issues as well.

275x5 is pretty badass for having a pulled groin.

6-14-06 Workout 6/6

Worked out at home today. Everything in kg :)

Front Squat
110 x 3 x 3

Dropped my sets down to 3. Kind of in a hurry because my brother worked out with me and he was doing light back squats 4 x 8. By the time I got to my worksets he was done. Plus, 110 was feeling heavy, on my last rep of each set I could feel my elbows dropping a bit. I didn't want to push anything, either.

OHP
60 x 2 x 5, 4

Too big a jump. Damn kg conversion, even with my cheat sheet. Actually I kinda forgot how hard these were and should've done 57.5 or something. Had to do a push press on last rep and still missed it.

Back extensions and Reverse Hypers
BW x 2 x 12

Felt good actually.

GHR
Couldn't really find an ideal position yet. I have to read up on how to do these properly.

Then did some copius stretching and hanging upside down. I feel pretty good, we'll see what tomorrow brings. Also, I'd normally do pullups if I were at the gym but I have nothing at home to use.

Top Bottom