Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my HST

Workout 3 of 6 (15 reps)

Cirucit 1
Squat

155 x 15 (+10)

Really kept my focus on keeping a tight lower back; it affected my depth a bit, though.

Flat DB press
65 x 15 (+5)

No problem. Kinda tired from the squats but I figured lying down would help :rolleyes:

BB row
115 x 15 (+20)

Still couldn't deload the weights on the ground. Started to 'feel a burn' around rep 12.

OHP
85 x 15 (+15)

Started to feel hard towards the end. Might have to only go up in 5lb increments from now on.

GM's
95 x 15 (+10)

Good set, I liked my form. Hams were shaking a bit towards the end.

Circuit 2
Reverse Lunge w/BB

85 x 15 (+10)

Right leg was harder than my left. Maybe because I was launching off my back a leg a little more ;)

Dips
15 x 15 (+15)

No problem.

Reverse Pulldown
110 x 15 (+10)

No problem again. Maybe will go up 20 next time.

Travolta retraction :p
3 x 15

Power Shrug from hang
225 x 15 (+20)

Kinda felt them at the end.

Overall: Glad to make it through the workout without any back twinge. 1st week was pretty easy. I'll have to gauge where I'm at appropriately next week. Might have problems with the lunges and the OHP. Everything else should be good.

Not too long, about 45mins to an hr. I'm probably resting between exercises more than I should, too. Compared to 2hrs + sometimes with 5 x 5.

I expect that the workouts will become increasingly longer as I go along and the weights get heavier.

Workout 4 of 6 (15 reps)

Cirucit 1
Squat

165 x 15 (+10)

Not too bad. Maybe I'm getting in better shape :biggrin:

Flat DB press
70 x 15 (+5)

No problem. I may be able to hit 85 or 90 on Friday.

BB row
125 x 15 (+10)

Easier than expected. Still didn't deload the weights, and I didn't dare stop so they went pretty fast. ;)

OHP
90 x 15 (+5)

Last 3-4 reps were hard, starting to get fatigued. Paused on the last rep and contemplated a push press, but I was able to get it strict.

GM's
115 x 15 (+20)

Hams were shaking towards the end. Also my lower back was getting slightly fatigued so I really had to concentrate.

Circuit 2
Reverse Lunge w/BB

95 x 15 (+10)

These are killin' me. Probably not good to do them after GM's either. Not sure how much I have left, maybe up to 115.

Dips
25 x 15 (+10)

Starting to feel these, especially towards the end.

Reverse Pulldown
135 x 15 (+25)

No problem.

I had to ask this older lady with a pink tie-dye t-shirt and purple velour sweatpants if she was done with the machine. Humiliating :(

Travolta's
3 x 15

Power Shrug from hang
245 x 15 (+20)

I really felt these today, mostly in my posterior chain. I think they were pretty tired from all the work done previously and didn't get very good snap on these.

Overall: Good start to the week. Only 2 more workouts to finish my 15's and I feel like I'll be able to get most of my targets, if not a little more.

Been following the journal since you started it and figured it was time to make the obligatory "good luck, looks good" post.

Isn't it a breach of gym etiquette not to include a stop at the pec deck on a circuit?

Thanks CS. Much appreciated.

Good point on the pec decs. Maybe I'll add them in at the end of the 10's and 5's just to pump up and bring out the detail ;) I'll probably have to work in with said lady in pink, although the good news is my gym has 3 of them.

Workout 5 of 6 (15 reps)

Cirucit 1
Squat

185 x 15 (+20)

Since I have only 2 more workouts in this rep range, I thought I'd push it a bit. I did the bar x 10 and then jumped right to 185. Felt pretty good, did a pause squat on the last couple reps. One thing I think this high rep stuff is doing is really make me conscious of keeping my stomach and lower back tight throughout the set. Hopefully it translates over to the heavier stuff.

Anyway, by no means did I feel I was close to my max so I may jump up to 205 or 225 on Friday.

Flat DB press
80 x 15 (+10)

Started to feel these around rep 12, arms started to feel a little shakey but doable. Will try 90's on Friday.

BB row
135 x 15 (+10)

Finally up to a plate so I could deweight the bar at the bottom. Might've made it easier since I rested for a sec on the last rep.

OHP
95 x 15 (+5)

Tough, started creeping back towards the end at least it felt like it. Pretty happy I got it but I'll only go up to 100-105 on Friday.

GM's
135 x 15 (+20)

Yikes these were hard. Had to take a break around rep 10 and 13. Hams, glutes and lower back were tired.

Circuit 2
Reverse Lunge w/BB

105 x 15 (+10)

Had a couple missed reps were I lost my balance. I pretty much dread these.

Dips
35 x 15 (+10)

Really had to concentrate to lock out the last rep, but got it. I can go up.

Reverse Pulldown
150 x 15 (+15)

Reps never in doubt, but had to grimace a couple times.

Travolta's
3 x 15

Power Shrug from hang
265 x 15 (+20)

Calves, hams and lower back feeling these. Calves especially. Some things just shouldn't be done for high reps, maybe this is one of them. :chomp:

Overall: I have no complaints, I don't hate this rep range as much as I did 2 weeks ago, but I'll be glad to move to 10's next week. On Friday I'll push it but won't mind if I miss a rep or two along the way.

Are you experiencing a burn at all? That is a large part of the benefit of doing the 15 rep phase. To paraphrase AI, achieving the burn is more important than the number of reps (for this period).

Honestly the biggest burning I feel is in my lungs. I feel like I'm getting a pump but no burning. I assume this is lactic acid flushing?

Maybe I started to light because here in Week 5 I feel like I'm only approaching failure on maybe OHP, dips, GM's and lunges.

Top Bottom