Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a diet question for Mr. x

Mr. X! I think you commented earlier to someones post about eating certain types of carbs for the first 3 hrs of "carb up" & avoiding fats in order to get into ketosis quicker whan your carb up is completed, is this right? & thanks again for your help;) ;)

The point of the 4 hours low fat was so that you didn't store the fat as fat due to insulin spike. The part about getting back into ketosis was to not do 2 day carb up so that you didn't completely fill your glycogen stores thus depleting them faster when you went to low carbing again. At least this is what I got out of it.:cool:

guess Mr. x is zzzzzz now lol. I just want to make sure I follow this diet to a t so thats why I keep posting questions concerning ketosis. I am around 8% bf & still hol;ding a lot of mass/ muscle for my bodyweight but I want to get really lean, hard & defined & don't want my diet to be off so thanks again for all the responses & I'll be posting more soon:eek:

Rockaho said:
The point of the 4 hours low fat was so that you didn't store the fat as fat due to insulin spike. The part about getting back into ketosis was to not do 2 day carb up so that you didn't completely fill your glycogen stores thus depleting them faster when you went to low carbing again. At least this is what I got out of it.:cool:

I was sleeping so couldn't answer right away :eek: :)
zzzzzzzzzzzz, just woke up
I can't say much more than Rockaho did. This is basically what I mean: (In begining of Carb-Up)
1st ...4 hours very low fat (very high GI carbs/i.e. 'sugary') in order to have the highest glycogen uptake. Now, from what I understand your question is about getting into back into a Ketonic state. Are you using 'insulin'? If not, the basic way of getting faster into a Ketonic state is to shorten the carb-up it self. For example, instead of a 48 hour carb-up, you could have a 24 hour carb-up and still get the 'super-compensation' you are looking for. (this will surely ensure no fat gain :))
Tell me if you are using 'insulin' and I will post another answer.
P.S. Ironically, I am getting back into ketosis and my brain isn't working as good as usual. LOL

Mr. X yes I am using insulin. I just started last sunday & tomorrow I'm getting ready to do my "carb up" which is on fridays & saturdays & ketosis starts on sunday right after my workout!:cool: :D

1)Here's a sample carb-up:(2day-because you have 'slin')
(based on a 200lb bodybuilder)
Fri: 2hr before full body workout 2apples or oranges
->workout: full body
immediately after: start carb-up
Meal 1-4: 200 g carbs liquid sugar or glucose polymers and whey protein. NOT FAT !!! (carboMax,or some other powders)
Meal 5-8: 150g liquid carbs and high gi solids (flake cereals, rice cakes etc.) add 1/4 cup walnuts
Meal 9-12: 60 g solid carbs (breads, rice, pasta) and walnuts.
*1*LAST 2 meals before ending recarb SAME AS FIRST 4:
NOW HERE COMES THE 'INSULIN':

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK..NOTE: IDIOTS SHOULD NOT USE THIS. CAN BE DEADLY!!!

I would recomend getting a blood glucose meter for this. It's $100, but can save your life.
INSULIN:
Last 2 meals (*1*)... after 1st meal of the two, take a blood sugar reading...you should be around 120..then, have 2 IU's...wait 1 hour, then have 2nd meal of the two, take blood glucose reading...should be around 110..'take' 2IU's...wait 2 1/2 hours, take a reading, you should be around 100-90...'take' 2 IU's again, after 2 hours take reading...you should be around 90-80...if so, take 2 Iu's, every 2 hours until your blood sugar is at 50-60... IF YOU GET DOWN TO 50-60 EARLIER, STOP THE INSULIN...BECAUSE YOUR GOAL IS 50-60 on the GLUCOMETER
WARNING: DO NOT GO TO SLEEP FOR AT LEAST 2-3 hours FOLLOWING A INSULIN SHOT
When your are at 50-60, then your body will probably be in Ketosis in about 8-12 hours.
PLEASE ASK IF YOU DO NOT GET SOMETHING CLEARLY...INSULIN CAN BE DEADLY IF MISUSED
:angel:

Mr. X you are a great asset to this board! thanks for taking your time & writing everything down for me , I really appreciatte it.so again I want to say thanks to you & everyone else that took there time in answering my questions:cool: ;)

Top Bottom