Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My amazing experience @ the A.R.T. doctor yesterday

KillahBee

For those that don't know, I have had a rotator cuff injury for a long time now. Too long. The combo of bad advice from doctors, my stupidity, and not putting 100% into my rehab made this injury way too long. Anyway, I have done a ton of reading in the last 6 months or so and learned about ART (Active Release Treatment). I had heard it was somewhat controversial, very effective, and I knew the only licensed chiro in my state was only about 10 minutes away. I decided to try it out, hoping this would end my depressive state I am in due to the injury.

Here is a brief overview of what he did:
Basically, after checking me out, he did exactly what I expected from all the reading I had done. He had me lay down on my back and he literally put pressure with mostly his thumb on the entire area around my rot cuff while he moved my arm in different directions and positions. I could tell before I came to him that the front part of my shoulder was the main point of pain/discomfort and the best way I had to describe it was that it felt like there was a build up of something in that area. I could even feel it from the outside with my thumb. Anyway, A.R.T uses that pressure to break up scar tissue that builds up with an injury like this in the area. He told me that I probably had a tear at some point (not what my old doctors said). He went through the motions noting that there was a ton of scar tissue build up in that front area as well as all around it. He worked on my bicep tendons (he said that 2 of my bicep tendons were actually touching each other, kind of criss crossed I guess) and even some in my pectoral minor area.

It hurt like a bitch at some points and I ended up with some big bruising in that area from the pressure, but I could care less. The shoulder was very sore afterwards and today, but I gotta say, it feels SO MUCH BETTER than it ever has in the past year! Not 100%, as I still need to strengthen it and what not, but damn, this shit works. I am going back for a few more treatments weekly and we'll see what happens.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT:
Two other great things happened.
A) he has a girl working in his office that is getting her Masters in PT. She is adorable and is straight off the boat! The way that girl pronounced me last name made me want to marry her right then and there.

B) He treats a powerlifting team in the area and we got to talking about how he has become close to them and it is a shame these guys put their whole heart and soul into what they do and they end up competing for a trophy and a t-shirt. So, he is trying to organize some meets and get sponsorships for them so that their is a purse involved. I work in sports marketing/ event management and he asked if I would be interested in maybe working with him on this project. Fuck yes, I am interested! There are endless good things that can come out of this.

All around my spirits are higher than they have been in a long time cause of this damn injury. And the added bonuses are just icing on the cake. This post is too long and it's cool if one of the fat mods want to move it to the med board or whatever. Just wanted to ramble and let those out there that are dealing with injuries that maybe A.R.T. can hlep you.

:coffee:

Great!

Now if I could just get my chiro to work out that cramp i have in my sack....

So is it chiros that do ART? Anyone else qualified to do this? I have a painful shoulder for about 6 months now. I even took off a month or two and I still have pain. It seems to be getting worse. I may look into this.

Thanks, this came at the perfect time.

hardrock said:
I need to get in there. Tendonitis for 5 months now. Doc's can't do shit and the A.R.T. joint in my area don't take medica. I wanna be sure it's gonns work before I throw $300 of my own $ into it.

I hear ya bro. But, after a lot of research and reading, I came to my own conclusion that the ART would be a great chance to take. At this point, if I had to spend $300 on one treatment, it would be the best $300 I ever spent. Just think of all the time rehabbing and the depression from not being able to lift all out and the $ spent on other doctors to give dumbass advice like "stay out of the gym", and that $300 is looking damn good! But, like I said, I firmly believed that ART was exactly what I needed, mostly b/c of build up of scar tissue that I could actually feel in my shoulder (from the inside and out).

Top Bottom