Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is a good cycle for a post-menopausal woman?

Texas Guy

So far, my wife has not done any cycles. Since she is post-menopausal and is on HRT, estrogen bouncing around wouldn't be a problem. What would be good for a first timer? Anavar? Primo? Here is what she looks like at 9-10% bodyfat. This was a tune-up contest to see how she would react to diet changes, tanning, etc. just before a show.

She needs more muscle. Although her arms are 13.5", at her height (5'6") she looks too small. She was a head taller than the others in the Middleweight class, but weighed the same. She probably needs to be 132 lbs at 6% bodyfat to win her class. That means 10 more pounds of muscle in a year. We know that she wasn't lean enough here, but that is a separate issue.

This is tricky. First, it would be nice to get her off Estrogen replacement and get her on Test--not very likely. Second, it would be nice to get the lowest estrogen dose here. Third, it would be even better to get her on a "natural" estrogen replacement. Suppose you don't change the estrogen that the Doc prescribed. We can "supplement" with Evista, which is a selective estrogen receptor modulator. It will block estrogen in the fat cells and breast tissue (exactly where you want it blocked). Then you can "supplement"with Test, Deca, or Oxandrin for size/strength gains. The trick is to manipulate the estrogen to minimize water retention and fat accumulation. Gotta keep an eye on glucose, insulin, GH and IGF-1 levels too.

Thanks for the input DrJMW. As a matter of fact, the type of estrogen she is on is a bi-est in a PLO gel. Also, sublingual progesterone and test in a PLO gel (4/mg/day). None of the synthetic estrogens or progestins. She is also taking 3 IU/day of hgh to give her an IGF-1 of about 400. She had her fasting insulin checked and it was 4.5 (range 6-27) with a glucose of about 90 so there is no insulin resistance. Using a glucometer, her glucose response to carbs is fast. It doesn't go up very high and come back to normal fast.

She goes in next week to get her estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, and IGF-1 tested again.

Currently, she is taking 25 mg/day of DHEA and fairly good doses of prohormones. We are considering Oxandrin at 5 mg/day to see her response and take it from there. Any idea as to how long a cycle should be? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? more?

To get the lowest estrogen, what is the criteria? Breakthough? Hot flashes?

On the positive side, she determines when she wants to have a period, not her body. And no more kids. So test supplementation is a possibility. Do you determine the test level by the sides? Also, from reading the posts here, Propionate seems to be a good idea for the first time test user because if sides do occur, dosage response is quick.

Here is another pic.

Texas Guy said:
Thanks for the input DrJMW. As a matter of fact, the type of estrogen she is on is a bi-est in a PLO gel. Also, sublingual progesterone and test in a PLO gel (4/mg/day). None of the synthetic estrogens or progestins. She is also taking 3 IU/day of hgh to give her an IGF-1 of about 400. She had her fasting insulin checked and it was 4.5 (range 6-27) with a glucose of about 90 so there is no insulin resistance. Using a glucometer, her glucose response to carbs is fast. It doesn't go up very high and come back to normal fast.

This regimen looks pretty good; only way to know its effectiveness is blood tests, visual inspection, and communication with the patient.

She goes in next week to get her estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, and IGF-1 tested again.

Excellent follow-up.

Currently, she is taking 25 mg/day of DHEA and fairly good doses of prohormones. We are considering Oxandrin at 5 mg/day to see her response and take it from there. Any idea as to how long a cycle should be? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? more?

I have started beginners at 10mg daily for eight weeks; if there are problems, then I drop to 5mg. 10mg is very well tolerated.

To get the lowest estrogen, what is the criteria? Breakthough? Hot flashes?

I look for subjective symptoms from the patient to help me with medication modification.

On the positive side, she determines when she wants to have a period, not her body. And no more kids. So test supplementation is a possibility. Do you determine the test level by the sides? Also, from reading the posts here, Propionate seems to be a good idea for the first time test user because if sides do occur, dosage response is quick.

Again, you have two choices. I have used Androgel 2.5G--one daily application or 100mg IM Test Cyp weekly. I adjust downward as necessary. 100mg Test is well tolerated.

Top Bottom