Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight loss halted =(

paintballproam

im using my bfs account to post this.
im 20yrs old 5'7 167lbs and 30% bf
i started out at 195lbs in april.
currently eating 1700-1800cals a day, with a 40/30/30 ratio of p/f/c and plenty of green leafy veggies.

usually have oatmeal and a scoop of whey for breakfast
pwo 1 scoop of whey
next is a sweetpotato and milk
next few meals are chicken with green veggies and some olive oil for good fats
before bed i have a casien protein shake

ive been stuck at the same weight for over a month now. i weight train 3 days a week, and do 30mins cardio 2 times a week along with running my dog for a half hour or so 2-3times a week.

please help =( id like to drop into the 12-19%bf range this year

Ok if you were only doing 2-3 sessions of Cardio Id say do more.
But since you say your doing about 6-7 ( dog included) id say you metabolism has slowed down

if thats the diet you have been using the whole time as well then YES you need to chnage tastics.

Id actually take 8 weeks off from the goal of trying to lose weight, and up your lifting by 50%, , lowering you cardio by 40%, Upping you protein by 20%.

then go back to cutting after 8 weeks of that.

I would stick with your current cardio regime but try to add another day of weightlifting in per week. The more muscle you can put on the more fat your body will burn. Your ultimate goal is to speed up your metabolism so . keep the meals as frequent as possible (I have upwards of 10 small meals per day). Consider adding in a high carb cheat meal once per week. I found when I diet hard (which involved dropping my caloric intake and carb restriction of course), the body sometimes becomes very stubborn and wants to hang onto some fat. When adding a ONCE a week cheatmeal, in some instances once every other week, it confuses the body into believing that it will get more carbs and calories in the next week, so it doesn't mind burning off a little more fat than it would if you didnt have that cheat meal. You could also consider adding a thermogenic. Focus on building muscle and keep up with that morning whey and nighttime casein shake!

"oatmeal and a scoop of whey for breakfast
pwo 1 scoop of whey
before bed i have a casien Protein shake"

seriously?? this is very few cals (unless your portion sizes are HUGE). if your eating only this & no other foods & not losing weight- have your thyroid checked. It sounds like a medical condition not related to diet & exercise.

"oatmeal and a scoop of whey for breakfast
pwo 1 scoop of whey
before bed i have a casien Protein shake"

seriously?? this is very few cals (unless your portion sizes are HUGE). if your eating only this & no other foods & not losing weight- have your thyroid checked. It sounds like a medical condition not related to diet & exercise.
no my serving sizes are about 4-6oz of chicken, my daily calories are always around 1700-1800calories

im thinking of maybe doing 4days a week of 45mins cardio on the eliptical since i feel like i burn alot more calories doing that than running the dog.

I was thinking of giving alpha-t2 a try. what do you think? ive tried lipo6=did nothing for me. Tried oxyelite= i liked it, tried animal cuts=this was the best for me so far, but want to give something else a try

Ok if you were only doing 2-3 sessions of Cardio Id say do more.
But since you say your doing about 6-7 ( dog included) id say you metabolism has slowed down

if that's the diet you have been using the whole time as well then YES you need to change tactics.

Id actually take 8 weeks off from the goal of trying to lose weight, and up your lifting by 50%, lowering you cardio by 40%, Upping you protein by 20%.

then go back to cutting after 8 weeks of that.

Good plan. Adding a bit of skeletal muscle will increase the metabolic rate and ultimately support the fat loss goal quite effectively.

currently eating 1700-1800cals a day, with a 40/30/30 ratio of p/f/c and plenty of green leafy veggies.

pwo 1 scoop of whey

ive been stuck at the same weight for over a month now. i weight train 3 days a week, and do 30mins cardio 2 times a week along with running my dog for a half hour or so 2-3times a week.

Ok now for my .02. :lmao:

Even a true 19% bf for a woman is ripped. That's roughly analogous to 8% or so in a man. That's top two rows of abs clearly showing ripped on a man.

So what I'm getting at is 19% bf is probably too demanding a goal. I recently DEXA scanned at 18.34% and people think I'm 13%. Few people can accurately assess what lean looks like. I'm guessing if you got to even 20-22% you'd be very happy with your level of hardness.

And as for 12%....it would take a lot of specialized knowledge, supplements, and longterm dedicated training to hope to ever get that ripped.

I'm not surprise you've plateaued. You've already lost 25lbs of fat. As you cleave deeper and deeper into your body's fat stores it's going to require you to substantially change your tactics before it will continue to relinquish that fat.

pwo 1 scoop of whey

Use Virgin Olive oil it's superior to all the rest

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/anabolic-steroids/miracle-worker-715207.html

pwo 1 scoop of whey

I started at 185 been stuck at about 180 for a months now,weighed 178 yesterday and weighed myself today ,back to 183.I think weight scales are controlled by evil elves!
They lie,I swear they do....
I don't know why it's different from one day to the next,even the time of day varies,so I don't weigh myself that often,it's too frustrating!

I benched an extra 5 pounds today, so who knows why I weighed more....
Are you seeing less jiggle? more firm body parts? Maybe that's what we should look at over the scales numbers?

If anyone has answers to this mystery,I'd sure like to know....

Top Bottom