Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

small frame and bcaa's- dose?

bluespoet

Hello everyone,

I've been reading a bucket of posts and articles on bcaa's and glutamine too.

I'm 5'2" and weigh 118. I've been working out for 5 years with weights and cardio. I've done p90x and p90x doubles a bunch of times. I'm doing insanity right now to get get back into exercise after a month of sinus issues. It's going fine. I'm getting ready to add back in weight maybe 2-3 times per week with p90x routines before I build back to the insanity and p90x I was doing before.

I've never used any supplements besides basics (protein powders, calcium, multi-v,condroitin-glucosamine).

I'm trying to get more definition in the muscle I have (don't mind building more as I've lost some of my muscle bumps I think) and reduce muscle fatigue mid-exercise /post.

I have a bcaa pill I just started (NOW). The dose is about 3g bcaa. If I take it pre and post WO is that enough to anything at all? Or AM, pre-work out, and post work out. Then some say to up it to 5gs am, pre, post , and pm.

Is that dose too much for little me? What would be a good starter 6g, 9g, 12g, 20 g per day? I am also going to try the glutamine at night with casein at 5gs and post work out.

Thanks for responding. I know everyone and the tribe of cousins asks about bcaas!

Hello everyone,

I've been reading a bucket of posts and articles on bcaa's and glutamine too.

I'm 5'2" and weigh 118. I've been working out for 5 years with weights and cardio. I've done p90x and p90x doubles a bunch of times. I'm doing insanity right now to get get back into exercise after a month of sinus issues. It's going fine. I'm getting ready to add back in weight maybe 2-3 times per week with p90x routines before I build back to the insanity and p90x I was doing before.

I've never used any supplements besides basics (protein powders, calcium, multi-v,condroitin-glucosamine).

I'm trying to get more definition in the muscle I have (don't mind building more as I've lost some of my muscle bumps I think) and reduce muscle fatigue mid-exercise /post.

I have a bcaa pill I just started (NOW). The dose is about 3g bcaa. If I take it pre and post WO is that enough to anything at all? Or AM, pre-work out, and post work out. Then some say to up it to 5gs am, pre, post , and pm.

Is that dose too much for little me? What would be a good starter 6g, 9g, 12g, 20 g per day? I am also going to try the glutamine at night with casein at 5gs and post work out.

Thanks for responding. I know everyone and the tribe of cousins asks about bcaas!

I'd recommend you add a dose very first thing every morning. I mean like the very second you sit up to turn off the alarm.

Bear in mind that you never want to be in a negative nitrogen state if your aim is to add skeletal muscle. If you've gotten a full night's sleep, then it's been at least 8 hours since you've fed your body any protein. When you rise in the morning you are definitely in a negative nitrogen balance. BCAA's offer the huge advantage of getting fully broken down ready to use protein for our muscles. Get them into you ASAP.

Then give them at least 20 minutes or so to clear your stomach so breakfast doesn't mix with them and slow their movement into your small intestine.

The quality and timing of your protein is more important than the quantity. Remember, avoid negative nitrogen balance by frequent dosing, and use the very best quality protein supps you can afford. The amino profile on NOW is ok, but not great. Since you already have it though you of course should use it and not waste your money. I'd take more of that one since it's profile isn't the best.

Thanks Willow,

I started taking the 3gs of NOW first thing in the morning and before work outs. I did the 5gs glutamine after workout and before bed. Should I also be taking 5gs of BCAAS waking pre and post workout? I have a shake (I like Designer Whey) after workout and sometimes have an isopure during.

I got the small bottle of NOW to start while waiting Xtend to come via mail... that has 5gs per scoop, and it seems like it has the correct proportions. I'm just not sure I'd want to drink it upon waking... so I'll also be looking for a pill form.

Of course I don't want to take too little and see no results. I want to see what I can get from it or else I'd drop it from my routine. So I'm trying to figure out how much too take. I get a 40- 50 % protein through diet. Depending on activity ( eat 1500 - 1800). Some days more if I find I'm hungry and did a lot of activity.

Thanks Willow,

I started taking the 3gs of NOW first thing in the morning and before work outs. I did the 5gs glutamine after workout and before bed. Should I also be taking 5gs of BCAAS waking pre and post workout? I have a shake (I like Designer Whey) after workout and sometimes have an isopure during.

I got the small bottle of NOW to start while waiting Xtend to come via mail... that has 5gs per scoop, and it seems like it has the correct proportions. I'm just not sure I'd want to drink it upon waking... so I'll also be looking for a pill form.

Of course I don't want to take too little and see no results. I want to see what I can get from it or else I'd drop it from my routine. So I'm trying to figure out how much too take. I get a 40- 50 % protein through diet. Depending on activity ( eat 1500 - 1800). Some days more if I find I'm hungry and did a lot of activity.

As I mentioned, the timing of your protein consumption is critical. If you want to get the most out of your BCAA's you should definitely consume it very first thing when you rise on an empty stomach. Other critical time would be just before and/or during a workout. That way perhaps the BCAA's are just entering your bloodstream as you finish damaging your muscles during your workout. Waiting until after the workout just increases that latency period between the time your muscles need the aminos and when they get them.

If your 40% protein only includes complete proteins like whey, milk, eggs and meats, then that should be plenty. Don't count protein from beans, rice, wheat, etc unless you're selectively combining them to get all eight essential aminos at one sitting. (and that takes some research)

As for amount of the BCAA's, how much can you afford to take? In other words, take it as frequently, and in the largest doses you can afford, throughout the day. If I were trying to be economical though I'd only take one scoop of that xtend stuff AM, one right before my workout, and maybe one again about 2-3 hours after the workout (with a meal) to get a slow delivery of the aminos.

Top Bottom