Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Injured foot - what do I do!!

Genie

Hey ladies! I need some advice - I already have an idea of what I'll do, but could use some other opinions. I hurt my foot two days ago - stepped on a peice of glass - and now have stiches in the arch of my foot for 10 days and on crutches for a few days. What is the most frustrating is that my boyfriend and I are leavign for a vaction in Florida on May 22 and I was goign gung-ho on my workouts in order to be in tip-top bikini shape. Now, I can't run for at least 2 weeks accoriding to the doctor. He said I could use the bike when I felt up to it. No exercieses that put dirct impact on my foot, such as squats.

As I am limited in cardio, I plan on keeping the caloires down for awhile and will continue to take NYC. But I am afraid I am going to get out of shape and I have about 5 weeks to go. I was so excited to go full force and be in great shape on vacation and now I am afraid I will be wanting to wear shorts on the beach. Any advice???

I'd do the recumbent bike, no limit in cardio there. You can do longer durations at an easier resistance. Plus you aren't pressing down on your foot as much as the normal one. You could also do the rowing machine, since that's mostly upper body cardio.

If you are watching what you are eating and staying somewhat active, there is no reason you should just balloon up in 5 weeks.

And with crutches, even walking burns more calories than normal!

Bump - please, i am very concerned about this!!!! i always receive great advice from you all and I could really use it now.

How much can you use your foot? Can you do anything standing? Can you actually do bike work? If the doc said you could do bike work you should be fine. Bike hard. Take a spinning class -- those things are nuts. That should be all the cardio you need, and then some.

Wyst

Top Bottom