Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help for my wife... hoping someone can

angang

Hi All,
My wife and I just had a bay girl (7 mos. old) and my wife still is suffering from low sex drive. She still is a bit overweight and I guess that brings her down a bit. But she's starting to workout with me, so that may help...Is there anything that can help her kickstart it again?? Any response is appreciated.

Is she breastfeeding? How about any support (family)? Is she working? Stay at home?

Barring the hormonal aspect, which is going to wreak havoc on a woman, it will take awhile to normalize after birth.

The "personal" questions are to see if maybe it is also a "drepression" - feeling alone, isolated is common in stay at home moms with infants (especially first time moms). Add in if she has no family nearby, that makes it worse for many.

Breastfeeding Q - she has to watch anything she ingests because the baby gets it too.

Chances are, it will just take time. :)

AND...CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy_Girl said:
Is she breastfeeding? How about any support (family)? Is she working? Stay at home?

Barring the hormonal aspect, which is going to wreak havoc on a woman, it will take awhile to normalize after birth.

The "personal" questions are to see if maybe it is also a "drepression" - feeling alone, isolated is common in stay at home moms with infants (especially first time moms). Add in if she has no family nearby, that makes it worse for many.

Breastfeeding Q - she has to watch anything she ingests because the baby gets it too.

Chances are, it will just take time. :)

AND...CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<<<<<<<
Great post!

Congratulations! She will bring you joy for many years to come!

The breast feeding question is important. If she is breast feeding, her body is producing a substance called Prolactin. When Prolactin levels are high, sex drive and libido are low...this applies to both men and women. High Prolactin levels also cause depression. :worried:

Enjoy the time spent with your new baby!

help4john said:
The breast feeding question is important. If she is breast feeding, her body is producing a substance called Prolactin. When Prolactin levels are high, sex drive and libido are low...this applies to both men and women. High Prolactin levels also cause depression. :worried:

That is GREAT info to know, both for help giving advice and for future personal knowledge. Thanks for giving your thoughts.

thanks for the input and insight!! to answer the ??...
She does work, she doesn't breastfeed. She does get help from me and our other 2 kids, although, if you ask her, it still isn't enough :(...
so, from what i got from this is i just have to be patient??

Blood Testing to check hormonal systems.

Fasting

HORMONE

1. Cortisol, Total (367)
2. Estradiol, Extraction (30289)
3. Prolactin (746)
4. LH (615)
5. FSH (470)
6. T3, Free (34429)
7. T4, Free (866-78)
8. TSH (899-75)
9. Testosterone, Total, Free and Weakly Bound (30741)
10. Hemoglobin A1C (496-39)
11. Fasting Insulin (561)

hi,
Are you saying in your post she should be fasting before the blood test? If so, how long?
Thanks

DrJMW said:
Blood Testing to check hormonal systems.

Fasting

HORMONE

1. Cortisol, Total (367)
2. Estradiol, Extraction (30289)
3. Prolactin (746)
4. LH (615)
5. FSH (470)
6. T3, Free (34429)
7. T4, Free (866-78)
8. TSH (899-75)
9. Testosterone, Total, Free and Weakly Bound (30741)
10. Hemoglobin A1C (496-39)
11. Fasting Insulin (561)

angang said:
hi,
Are you saying in your post she should be fasting before the blood test? If so, how long?
Thanks
<<<<<
Schedule the test just before lunch. Nothing after midnight the night before.

Good luck!

Just my two cents!! If your wife has mentioned that she is not receiving enough help she may be getting ticked with you. Working plus having children, including a new one, is alot to deal with. It becomes extra stressfull when a perfectly capable person chooses not to help. Frustrating!!!!!

Not to say this is you, but we are talking about your wifes perception of the situation, not the reality. This leads me to the low sex drive. Most women, unlike most men, cannot be sexual with someone they have outstanding issues with. If your wife is ticked with you the last thing on her mind is getting close, unless shes thinking of hitting!

I know how difficult this situation can get. But realize that if everything isn't good between you this could cause problems in bed.

Top Bottom