Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Curious about green tea?

nive benefit of green tea (egcg in particular)

Obes Res. 2005 Jun;13(6):982-90. Related Articles, Links

Green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin gallate inhibits adipogenesis and induces apoptosis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.

Lin J, Della-Fera MA, Baile CA.

444 Edgar L. Rhodes Center for Animal and Dairy Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602-2771, USA.

OBJECTIVE: Green tea catechins have been shown to promote loss of body fat and to inhibit growth of many cancer cell types by inducing apoptosis. The objective of this study was to determine whether epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), the primary green tea catechin, could act directly on adipocytes to inhibit adipogenesis and induce apoptosis. RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURES: Mouse 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and mature adipocytes were used. To test the effect of EGCG on viability, cells were incubated for 3, 6, 12, or 24 hours with 0, 50, 100, or 200 microM EGCG. Viability was quantitated by MTS assay. To determine the effect of EGCG on apoptosis, adipocytes were incubated for 24 hours with 0 to 200 microM EGCG, then stained with annexin V and propidium iodide and analyzed by laser scanning cytometry. Both preadipocytes and adipocytes were also analyzed for apoptosis by terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick-end labeling assay. To determine the effect of EGCG on adipogenesis, maturing preadipocytes were incubated during the 6-day induction period with 0 to 200 microM EGCG, then stained with Oil-Red-O and analyzed for lipid content. RESULTS: EGCG had no effect on either viability or apoptosis of preconfluent preadipocytes. EGCG also did not affect viability of mature adipocytes; however, EGCG increased apoptosis in mature adipocytes, as demonstrated by both laser scanning cytometry and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick-end labeling assays. Furthermore, EGCG dose-dependently inhibited lipid accumulation in maturing preadipocytes. DISCUSSION: These results demonstrate that EGCG can act directly to inhibit differentiation of preadipocytes and to induce apoptosis of mature adipocytes and, thus, could be an important adjunct in the treatment of obesity.

AF has the best price on high EGCG, Green tea extract
https://www.anabolicfitness.net/shop/product_info.php?id=121

Ok, I have been taking green tea supps.. since I plan on using T-rex soon, is it even neccesary to cotinue with the green tea supps.. or just a waste of $$?
thanks!

no its not a waste of money. While there is a decent amount of EGCG (75mg/cap) in thermorexin, you can still benefit from more.

though unless you are taking a high potency extract like Scotts Finest EGCG, its unlikely that you are getting a lot of EGCG per cap.

macrophage69alpha said:
depends, are you taking caps or tea?

most likely reason with either- low blood sugar. Both have glucose clearance effects.
Caps ... never tried the T but I always use to get sick from it.

I added them back in today to take with my next meal, even though I'm sure I get plenty from the Lev & T-Rex :D

I drink decaf green tea almost every day for it's antioxident properties.

Is it any good for anything if it's decaf?

I try not to have stimulants after about 4pm, if I do I won't sleep.

Top Bottom