Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cheat days/meals vs. refeeds

princess

i'm confused!!!

i've been reading about refeeds and they make a lot of sense. i also remember reading about the benefits of cheat days/meals a while back? what i don't understand is which is better than the other? is one more beneficial during a certain phase (bulking vs. cutting) than the other? or has everyone just scrapped cheat meals in favor of refeeds?

i know this is a lot of questions, but i'm pretty lost on this one.

help.

:confused:

If it pertains to precontest dieting.

Cheat meal implies you did something wrong.

Refeed implies you're doing something you should to keep your metabolism and energy up and prevent you from doing something wrong.

If it is post contest, then there is no "cheat". Then it is refeeding and that seems to be the time when you can really make good gains in both muscle mass and strength, but too much food will also add too much bulk or fat. Just add more clean calories.

W6

i'm not precontest...just finished up an anavar cycle and really like the results. so, to try and keep the gains as well as the definition (at least as much as i can possibly do without being "on" now), you would suggest refeeds right?

now, what exactly is your idea of a refeed? from what i've read so far, it just basically consists of carbs (complex as well as high gi). no excess fat calories right (in other words, no cheesecake, cookies, ice cream, wings)? just asking because depending on which thread you read, people seem to have different opinions.

thx!

If you're not 'dieting' (in other words eating below maintenance calories) then there is no need to either cheat OR refeed. That is to say you can't "cheat" if you're not dieting, and your body doesn't NEED refeeds if you're not dieting. Just do like Wilson6 said and increase your clean calories. Have some fun food one meal a week, but this is just for mental/emotional satisfaction and so you can go out and act normal with friends and family. Your body doesn't need it.

thx so much for the info. i think i've been stuck in dieting/cutting mode for so long that i forgot what its like to eat for maintenance.

one more question...i've been following crum's diet (from the diet board) for the last few months. i've only been eating fibrous veggies for my carbs (except for my morning oatmeal/protein powder which i absolutely couldn't give up, and the malto in my post-workout shake). would it be beneficial to throw some more non-veggie carbs in at this point (maybe a sweet potato, rice, some extra oatmeal) just to shake up my body a bit?

here's my dilema...i just got tix to the mr. o in october and don't want to look like a slob while everyone else is ripped to shreds. so i'm just trying to find a happy medium where i won't lose too much of my gains, but i can't really bulk yet. i'm thinking maybe eat for maintenance (some extra clean calories) as you mentioned above for a few weeks to give my body a break, and then do a few weeks of strict crum again?

you all have been so helpful...thx for your patience!

i've been reading alot of posts on that...and it sounds like it really works. now, you're referring to the kind of carb cycling as in spatt's diet, right?

i think it'll be just enough of a change to keep me from feeling so "deprived" (which is what's killing me now...you can only do so much with broccoli, spinach, green beans and asparagus).

i'll give it a try. i can't believe i'm actually looking forward to a sweet potato! LOL

thx again for your help! i've been poking around on a few boards, but i've found that by far this one has the best info/mods/members around.

i just had a sweet potato for the first time in months and damnnnnn...it was good! threw some cinnamon and splenda on it...yum! i can't believe a freekin potato could make me so happy. what the hell is wrong with me?!?!?

Top Bottom