Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bloat and other weird stuff.

velvett

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I posted this up in another forum and I thought I woould share it here.

For nearly a year I've had terrible bloat and water retension even though I drink a fair high quantity of water. Three doctors, two blood tests, one muscle test ad one scratch test I've found out that I have allegeries and/or sensitivities to the following items:

wheat
flour
oats
dairy
sesame
soy
sugar
citrus

In addition to the food allergies they found vitamin/minerial deficiencies in iron, manganese, zinc, b-5, and c.

So, for about three weeks, I've taken these extra vitamins and I haven't had any of the above items - except for the one day I ordered sushi and there were sesames seeds and I ate it anyway.

The bloat is nearly gone.

Hives gone. (except for the sushi/sesame seed day)

So far I have found that the sesame and the soy have the worst effect on me. It's process and I thought I'd share it in case there are other women here suffering from similiar ailments and didn't know.

I recently had a follow up visit and it seems that I'm aborbing the v/m well and the doctor added a few more to the packs.

There are some changes going on that I didn't even hope for - like waking up in the morning and not feeling like I have the hangover of 91', my skin is starting to change back to its normal complextion, the severe body aches are mostly gone and in the next two weeks I'll see if I can break a no migraine record I haven't touched in some time.

I hope this helps someone who is shy about speaking up about how they feel or have just gotten used to feeling bad everyday like I did.

:rainbow:

Vel - I am glad things are going well. :) Keep us updated.

How much did all the tests cost? What kind of Doc did you visit? How long did it take for results?

Daisy_Girl said:
Vel - I am glad things are going well. :) Keep us updated.

How much did all the tests cost? What kind of Doc did you visit? How long did it take for results?

Thanks. :)

The test was actually covered by my insurance (what a surprise) and I went to an allergist that has an in house nutritionist (most of his patient were young children). The scratch test they did right in the office - I was there a while and you see the results. The blood work was just over one week - I was told that was a fairly quick response. The muscle test result happen as you have them done. I told the doctor that I didn't believe in muscle testing - I changed my mind afterwards; it was really an unexpected experience.

In three months they will do the scratch test again and in 5 weeks I do the muscle test again.

Hmm, I think I remember you posting a question about bloating a few months ago.

I'm glad that you have finally figured out what's causing it and are getting treatment for it :)

I am sure a lot of those items are your favorites, too (sushi is so good!). That makes it so much worse. Glad to hear you solved your problem!

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's amazing how sensitive some of us can be. I've got a few different food allergies, like OJ causing me migraines, sugar causing diverticulitis attacks, and a few other oddities. I'd be interested in having the tests you've had done for myself. Is there a specific name for the tests you had done?

Velvett, it's great that you found answers! I sometimes wonder if I'm allergic to food. I've had scratch tests for all outdoor and indoor allergies, but not food. I probably should get that done (since I am allergic to everything else).

What is the muscle test?

MrsPuddlesFL said:
I'm glad you're feeling better. It's amazing how sensitive some of us can be. I've got a few different food allergies, like OJ causing me migraines, sugar causing diverticulitis attacks, and a few other oddities. I'd be interested in having the tests you've had done for myself. Is there a specific name for the tests you had done?

The Rast test.

The doctor just called it the muscle test so I don't know the formal name.
can ask them if they know someone in your area that does the same type of testing.

velvett said:
The Rast test.

The doctor just called it the muscle test so I don't know the formal name.
can ask them if they know someone in your area that does the same type of testing.

Thanks, hun!

Quick update - still get the scheduled hormonal migraine but it took less zomig to get it to pass.

Body fat's dropped - not sure where I am - I have to get that checked.

I've been eating mostly veggies, rice, eggs and fish - some fruits.

I can wear all my rings again.

YIPPIE!

:D

Top Bottom