Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

back pains -- any advice?

Dakotah

xoxoxo
Platinum
well i have this pain that isnt quite muscle pain and yet feels like it isnt quite spine pain altogether. It is square in the middle of my shoulders and hurts when i turn my head either direction and if i bend my head down.

It started the other night after i did squats - it is by far the most annoying thing in the world because when i sit back it just feels like i need to have a pillow proped just below the pain so i lean back like im falling backward; even putting a pillow there and leaning doesnt help.

ive tryed cracking my back, warm showers, stretching, pain pills and nothing is working. Anyone else have this same problem?

My back is a mess from all the years of skating, distance running, and lugging around 36C/D's...

Do you have a good mattress? It's amazing what a difference that can make. I got to the point where my back hurt so bad I didn't want to get out of bed some mornings, and a lot of the pain came from sleeping on my crappy futon (yay for college life). I splurged on a new pillow top mattress set this past January and I have to say it was the best $1,000 I've ever spent. Between that and working out/losing the 20 pounds I gained (and going down a cup size) and doing a Pilates class, my back pain has greatly decreased--now it's manageable.

I'll second FigureSkater too on the good mattress. Between that and getting custom arches for my shoes my back is much much happier.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury though. It's hard to function when you're in a lot of back pain. If it continues will you go in to see a chiro or dr? I'm fortunate to have a chiropractor in my family and that's helped me. If it's feasible for you to see one, it might be a good option.

Have you tried a massage therapy session? If you stressed it during a squat session or you have some bruising from the squat bar then it may take care of itself in few more days. Have you had someone try to massage the pain area? You may have a big knot somewhere in there or else a pinched nerve.

For a mattress, I recommend Tempur Pedic. Great stuff! Been using it for years and now if I sleep on a regular mattress, I have so much pain.. It aligs your back correctly, so it should help ;-) Can buy it at Brookstones.

Top Bottom