Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Year In The Life Of Notjake11 - My 2013 Journal

notjake11

STATS

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185-190 lbs
Bodyfat: ~10-11%

BACKGROUND

Back when I was still in grad school (15 years ago at this point), I worked at a gym and kept myself in great shape. For nearly five years I worked out religiously and ate well to maintain single digit bodyfat with a decent frame of muscle and a trim 32" waist. I wasn't huge, and never really wanted to be, but I had enough muscle that I got noticed and admired by most women.

When I left grad school, I manage to stay on track with the health plan for about two years before the real world started to catch up with me. Working 80+ hours a week, corporate lunches, getting married and having a son all took their toll on my health and little by little the weight piled on. In 2011, I came to the full realization that I had put on WAY too much weight. I weighed in at 260 pounds and my belly was straining at the button of my 40" waist pants. I decided something had to change.

For 2011, I made a New Years resolution to end the year in better shape than I'd started it, including a minimum requirement that I lose a minimum of 40 pounds. I started dieting and exercising and over the course of the next year I lost more than 80 pounds, doubling my goal for the year. In the process I added muscle to my chest, shoulders and arms, which had all shrunk from a decade of inactivity.

At the start of 2012, I made another resolution to end the year in better shape than I started with a couple of other more concrete goals along the way - to add at least five pounds of lean mass, cut at least five pounds of bodyfat, and get back to a legitimate 32" waist for clothing (was at 34"ish to start the year). I had a bad relapse to laziness this summer, putting back on a good 15 pounds of flab, but snapped out of it and got back on plan before the summer ended. I have once again smashed those goals. As of my last bodyfat reading, taken on 12/8/12, I came in at 8.7% bodyfat at 184.6 pounds with 168.6 pounds of lean mass (probably a little higher than that now after holidays - will get a new reading in about a week once the bloat of the last few days passes but I am estimating 10-11%).

My progress at the end of the year was helped by my very first AAS cycle, which Dylan was kind enough to help me design. It was an all oral Var/Prov cycle and really helped me harden up and solidify the gains I had made during the course of the year.

With two successful years of setting and achieving New Years Resolutions, I decided it only makes sense to continue the tradition and proceed with a third year. And since the people and resources I've encountered here at EF have assisted me so much it only makes sense to log my progress here.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS - 2013

1. To finish the year in better shape than I started it (I know this one is a bit generic, but it is one I have made and kept the last two years so have to include it).

2. Finish the year in single digit bodyfat while weighing over 195 pounds and still wearing 32" waist pants (I am not interested in becoming a mass monster - want to add a good ten pounds of lean mass very specifically targeted to certain bodyparts - chest, shoulders, upper back - while maintaining a thin waist for that nice v-taper).

3. Bench press 315 (back in grad school I was able to max out at 2-3 reps at this weight, but between a decade of inactivity, added age, and dropping that much weight in a year my strength still isn't back to what it could be).

4. Run/walk at least 1500 miles this year (includes running on treadmill, walking on incline when I do slower cardio, and outside/trail runs).

5. Run my first half marathon.

I may end up adding some more to this (I do have other non-physical resolutions but not listing them here as not relevant to the site), but those are the ones I have set for now.

THE PLAN

Today was a rest/cheat day for me to relax and recover from the stress and strain of the holiday season. It's also a perfect rest as I just finished my Var/Prov cycle and will be starting my PCT tomorrow:

Unleashed/Post
DAA Chews
Forma
N2Slin
Chlomid 25/day
Ostarine 25/day
Multivitamin

I'm debating adding the Keto product from Mr. Supps and Gear from NTBM - waiting for feedback on the forum.

I will also be starting a new lifting protocol - the Adonis Index - which I used some earlier in the year. It has a strong focus on the shoulders and upper back and I will be supplementing it with additional chest work. The first four weeks of that program, which coincide with the four weeks of my PCT, focus on hypertrophy with sets of 20 for most exercises.

After PCT is complete, I will be running a SARMs triple stack for eight weeks and am adding Albuterol and Test Infusion to the mix (I was chosen as one of the loggers for the product and will be running it the full 8 weeks of that cycle). I'll then do the three week mini-pct recommended by Dylan and then will be doing my first ever injectible cycle (not yet decided what it will include and wil be asking advice as that time approaches).

Awesome intro bro...looking forward to following! As for your first injectable cycle...Test only ;).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

1/1/13

As noted above in the first post, this was a cheat/relax day. Ate lots of junk food, did no exercise and stayed in my pajamas watching college football all day.

1/2/13

Game on. Got up and went to the gym to do my cardio fasted. Walked a mile, ran four, and then walked another mile and a half on a 7.5% incline to log my first 6.5 miles for the year. My schedule for the rest of the day didn't allow time to lift (I schedule my lifting days to coincide with my work schedule), so my first lifting session of the year will be tomorrow. Ate clean. Mostly feeling good, though I can fell my body going through a bit of withdrawal from the sugary carbs and junk food of the holiday season. I am still a fat kid at heart so those cravings hit strong when I indulge, but I'm also stubborn as shit and am not going to give in except on days I intend to cheat.

All in all, feel like I'm off to a good start.

Why would you intend on having a cheat day? Ive never understood that..

Why would you intend on having a cheat day? Ive never understood that..

Because it's unrealistic to expect to go an entire year without having a glass of wine/beer, a dinner out at a mexican restaurant, a bowl of ice cream, or some of the other foodstuffs we cut out of our diet most days. Yes it's good to be dedicated and to be working towards a goal, but it's also important to have some balance in life and to enjoy some things along the way.

As long as you don't go absolutely apeshit and eat thousands upon thousands of calories in one day (effectively undoing all your work to date), there's nothing wrong with having a meal or part of a day every now and then where you lower your guard a little bit and indulge in some of the things we don't eat when on a diet. For me at least, it's easier to stay strict and firm on my diet for a week or two knowing that I'll get to splurge once in a while than it is to try and deny myself those things for month after month with no end in site.

Nice start here bro...looking forward to seeing your progress and what you think of Test Infusion. I have heard many bros rave about it already, saying their libido went through the roof!!! Looking forward to my bottles in the mail soon!!!

Great story bro. I too look forward to reading about your progress. Best of luck!

And yes cheat day is mandatory, for me anyway. Too easy to eat shitty otherwise, if you don't have that 1 day a week to look forward to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using EliteFitness

Nice start here bro...looking forward to seeing your progress and what you think of Test Infusion. I have heard many bros rave about it already, saying their libido went through the roof!!! Looking forward to my bottles in the mail soon!!!

I'm really looking forward to it. With the great PCT Dylan designed for me I expect that I'll be starting the cycle off on a great note. Per his suggestion, in addition to all the usual suspects I'm running Osta during my PCT so my transition into the SARMs/Test Infusion cycle should be smooth as butter and I'll be cranking at full blast.

1/3/13

Did another 5.5 miles today on the treadmill, but was all walking at 4.0 mph at 5% or more incline. After running yesterday and with me planning on running trails all weekend I didn't want to push it and run today (which would make for five days in a row after the weekend).

I also got my first lifting session in of the new year, which was also my first lifting session since ending my Var/Prov cycle. I expected to feel a bit flat after being off the cycle and having the AAS leaving my system. While I can feel that the pump and pure solid feel of the cycle is gone, the PCT supps and Osta kept me at full steam for the workout. Felt great and had plenty of drive and energy the full workout, even with the sets of 21 (which I usually hate). If this is a sign of things to come, I'm going to actually enjoy my PCT.

Diet was good today as well. I'm actually under my calories for the day, but will have another protein shake shortly so my protein needs are covered.

Top Bottom