Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working the same muscle in the same day at different times

thriller

this morning i couldnt finish my workout. i had no energy.
isa it ok to finish the workout later or will this do more bad then good?

im trainming for basketball not body building

I think that you should search the reason for not having enough energy... maybe you slept late or the diet missed something... how many times do you train per week? if you train more than 3 times, probably it may be better that you take the day for resting... accumulated low energy results in low performance at any sport... of course that is my opinion... but you could train and be sure you eat well enough and sleep early. I have the idea that when one has low energy levels at the morning they may remain the same unless you provide the adequate fuel (food) and rest to restore your body.

I've done it before. As if it had a bad eefect or good affect I really couldnt tell. It's hard to answer this question due to the fact that everybodys different. I read an article before i forget where but any way. It detailed the traing of 3 diiferent men all in super shape.Now the thing that caught my I was that the one guy traine 3-4 times a day every day.He worked at the YMCA and he'd train in the morning, teech a class where he'd lift again and then before leaving at night he'd lift again.Now most people in this world wouldnt be able to do this but with this guys proffesion his body was acustomed to this. So I mean you just have to see what works for you.

If you feel bad...just take the day off. If you feel bad consistently...either change your workout times or figure out why you feel bad.

B True

I agree with b fold, but as for training 2x per day, I wouldn't, seems like a good way to injure a muscle

unless it's some freak situation, i usually finish my 1hour workouts. as far as the same body part being worked, i do something like this but with light weight to get the blood flowing to the muscle to reduce soreness.

"I think that you should search the reason for not having enough energy"

...or the reason you don't have enough time.

thanks peeps

i didnt feel bad at the start of the workout. i was rreslly feeling good. i just finished a set of squats then i just couldnt do the other exercises. i think i didnt eat enough.
you thjink my work out could be to demanding to?
could this also be a reason.

Not eating right may be one important reason... try to get to the gym with a pre-workout meal that includes protein and carbs to give you energy. Also you may need to check your current diet to see what is missing.
Also you may be trying to lift a weight that is too heavy and you are not used to it yet. Remember that what is important is performing the exercise correctly rather than lifting too much.

Provided you have had adequate sleep / energylevels , hitting the same muscle twice a day can be beneficial for some people, provided they carefully watch the total workout volume and do their strength related work first. Example chest:

session 1-3

Morning:

5 * 5 flat benchpress
5 * 8 incline benchpress

Evening:

3 * 10 low incline dumbell press
3 * 10 incline flyes supersetted with cablecross
3 * 10 flat dumbell press
3 * 10 flat flyes supersetted with dips
3 * 10 partial pullover supersetted with machine press

....This will do a 4-5 days damage at least before you hit chest again

session 4-6

Morning:

5 * 5 incline benchpress
5 * 8 flat benchpress

Evening:

3 * 10 incline dumbell press
3 * 10 low incline flyes supersetted with cablecross
3 * 10 decline dumbell press
3 * 10 flat flyes supersetted with dips
3 * 10 partial pullover supersetted with machine press

This twice a day stuff is certainly not for everybody and most people can only get away with it if they restrict it to one or two musclegroups they feel like giving extra attention....

Top Bottom