Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what is wrong here???

emmab

Every time I do lateral dumbell raises, the next day I feel really sore and tender...but not in my shoulders!!! I only feel it in my lats. I am sure my form is Ok,so any suggestions???

Try lateral raises with cables instead. Keeps the resistance smooth throughout entire range of motion anyway.

You might be lifting your arms out to the BACK as well as to the sides?? Try to keep your arms in line with your body.

I like to be beside two mirrors at once (one in front; one to the side) to combat this.

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

heh heh cool

You're definately reaching back or your arms are too straight. Keep a 15 to 30 degree bend in your elbow, so that your hands are slightly in front of your body at the top of the contraction and also shrug a bit at the top. that should do it.

Whatever you think .... your form is somehow stretching your lats ....

if ever your form is indeed correct .... I suspect that you are moving too fast. If your raises are very slow ... it should burn your delts ... not your lats.

BRO GIVE SEATED LATERAL RAISES A TRY ON A INCLINE BENCH RAISE IT ALL THE WAY UP,ALMOST STRAIGHT!!
THIS WAY YOU CANT LEAN OVER OR BACK...:cool:

Top Bottom