Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder injury

Crazy Barbarian

Ive got a minor shoulder injury. .. seems to happen when I try to increase my pitifull bench press max of 215.
Im tall and long (bad for benching) but anyway I get this pain like its a tendon or ligament in my rotary cuff area... only hurts when I lift my arm a certain way.
What should I do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EliteFitness

On top of the shoulder? My be an ac joint injury. Time is the only think that heals it and once it feels better build up the shoulder muscles as much as possible before attempting heavy bench presses. Get a good joint supplement too!

Hmm what kind of shoulder exercises would be good? I cant bench press until when agaim lol?

Hmm what kind of shoulder exercises would be good? I cant bench press until when agaim lol?

If that's what it is you can do very little with it. Best bet is to see a doctor or chiro. When I injured mine I couldn't do anything but legs without extreme pain. Chiro said the worst workouts are bench press military press and upward rows. I did some research and in order to really support your shoulders for bench pressing you should have a good amount of muscle in shoulders to help keep joints in place. You can use tension bands to help build strength while recovering then once the pain starts to subside start with light weight shoulder flies, front raises and rear delt flies. I never do flat bench with the bar. Use dumbells and cables. I haven't had problems since. Don't mess around with shoulder injuries, you don't want to put them out for good. Swallow your pride and don't bench press. At least until you have fully recovered

If you don't feel it at all when you go light, I would recomend taking some video from different angles while flat benching, then study these and compare them to good clear examples of benching (many can be found on you tube). If you can move forward like this, take advantage of the situation and design a 10 week high rep routine for the whole body. After that you can start increasing weight and lowering reps. Even when the weight is light, keep your movements smooth and even, and don't lock out. And keep this approach as your weights start to climb again.

Top Bottom