Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rippetoes video

Those are some great videos! My form isnt total crap and could fly for once a week but when you start to squat 3 times a week every little problem is magnified... I know my weak points right now are hams and hip,shoulder flexibility...
That first video ive seen before and talks about a close grip with a low bar position but the video doesnt show a close grip at all?

The grip depends on shoulder flexibility, the point is to grip close enough that your shoulder blades and upper back become tight rather than loose.

Make sure to push your knees out if hips are a weakness and work on glute activation

I've seen this video before and it didn't keep me from buying Starting Strength. He's still putting his time in wrestling with the iron and has a lot of knowledge.

The grip is weird and I'm surprised he looks down so much....personal preference I guess.

I've seen this video before and it didn't keep me from buying Starting Strength. He's still putting his time in wrestling with the iron and has a lot of knowledge.

The grip is weird and I'm surprised he looks down so much....personal preference I guess.

His logic in keeping the head down is to prevent bringing ur chest up like ur doing a goodmorning..... I hear alot of guys say to look up.... And on the vid em posted he says to look neutral slightly up, so ya I guess it is preference or u can just change ur head position to fix what the problem is...Not everyone is the same.

when i do higher reps like that i often just rest the bar in my palms... it seems to reduce the tension on my shoulders... a wider grip helps this as well...
when i go heavier i grip it with my full hand for more stability... though sometimes it does hurt/pinch a bit...

speaking of coaching though... im sure we all know some steroid guru's who sure dont look the part as well...

Top Bottom