Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Rapid Ascent Program . . . a Short & Sweet Beginner Program!

Yeah, well . . .

Note that it has more in common w/ Ripp's program than differences. It's not rocket science -- squat, push, pull, repeat; add weight progressivly and eat right = growth. Either program works better than the garbage in teh magazines or some new kid starting out w/ Westside or something equally ridiculous for a beginner.

I like it a lot.....what you guys need to take into account is that Dan John is a throwing coach, so his programs will be geared towards a thrower. Cleans are much more important for his athletes than deadlifts, and front squats help train the clean, so the choices make sense there.

Dan John probably isn't thinking in terms of what will be easier for most people in the gym to learn.

I wouldn't recommend this program to beginners simply because 2 out of the 3 exercises are actually pretty complex and not all that easy to execute.

If the program is designed for throwers, that's one thing, but for basic strength for beginners I'd substitute deads instead of cleans, and traditional back squats instead of front squats.

BiggT said:
I like it a lot.....what you guys need to take into account is that Dan John is a throwing coach, so his programs will be geared towards a thrower. Cleans are much more important for his athletes than deadlifts, and front squats help train the clean, so the choices make sense there.

Dan John probably isn't thinking in terms of what will be easier for most people in the gym to learn.
well, this just makes the program seem alot better, if one were training a sportsman (not just a thrower).

Guinness5.0 said:
One of the points he made about the program was that all you'd need is a barbell - nothing else.

That is true, if you can't afford a gym membership and don't ahve a lot of room for equipment at home, this program would be good.

And how long do you think this workout takes, realistically? Short and sweet. I like it. But I'm lazy too, so there you go. LoL

I agree -- it's definitely a program for an athelete more so than the self-professed "bodybuilder" who's "training" but never going to step onto a stage. Those guys need lots of seated calf raises and such. LoL

I have been doing this workout for 6 weeks now. I would like to lose more fat I'm 42 years old I'm 5'10 and 195lbs I am thinking about trying Clenbuterol to help any input would help.

I have been doing this workout for 6 weeks now. I would like to lose more fat I'm 42 years old I'm 5'10 and 195lbs I am thinking about trying Clenbuterol to help any input would help.

Try learning how to diet correctly to lose fat along with the right cardio instead of taking a drug that will destroy your heart muscle.

Top Bottom