Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question for pljay or other experienced powerlifters

sloppy joe

I'm training with the westside methods.I have got a shoulder injury,all ME & speed bench press work hurts bad but none of the tricep exercises hurt at all.How can i train and at leased maintain my bench press with this injury?I have a meet in less than 2 months I would like to enter if i'm healthy.Thanks for the help!

well im not the one to talk to about westside training cause i dont train westside.....but the man to get with is powerlifter jay and jimmy dean they know alot about westside training.
but i do wish u best of luck with fighting this injury and hope u r healthy for that meet in 2 months!

B.Hopper

Keep hammering your triceps. I would stay away from any rack benching for now. Board presses -- 3, 4, and 5 may be your best bet. The floor press may be ok, but some people have a hard tiem with them and shoulders. You are wearing a shirt at the meet, Right??

i use old school training methods. i do use board presses but i use them with forced reps instead of using bands from the top of a rack. its pretty simple really.

Sloppy Joe,
When exactly does your shoulder hurt and what exercises aggravate the injury. I have had shoulder problems in the past but I started some rehab exercises that have just about made them disappear.

JD

Sloppy Joe i have had 2 serious shouldr injuries in th elast year alone. First off you Can maintain your bench without speed. If you can bench heavier with slower reps it will work. That is what i did. At the start of my injury i benched reps of 8 to 10 only. Speed killed my shoulder. But when i did board presses i could feel the pain, but it didnt hurt too bad. So i did 3 and 4 brd presses mainly. If you got bands you could suspend them in the rack which will help you at the bottom and the weight will increase as you go up. These are still my favorite. Floor presses hurt my shoulder. And i misss those cause i do like floor presses, but they still aggrevate. Hit as much tri work as possible. Overheads and elbow outs etc.

One thing that has really helped me this go around (sept was 2 nd imjury) is icing. Dude it may sound excessive but i iced twice a day since about Dec , should hav ebeen doing from the start, but as of now my pain is almost gone. Ibuprofin 2 to 3 times aday as well. I swear this was th ebest rehab i had done since it occured.

Jimmie Dean got me doing some rotator stuff that helps as well. In fact my rotator is healed, it is my first injury last March which was an ac joint that i still feel traces of pain. But do rehab work. Before you bench take 10lb plates and do front raises and side raises , along with side to side movement with your upper arm fixed to your side and you forearm paralell with th efloor. Go side to side they work wonders. Hope i helped some.

Top Bottom