Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to Deadlifters: Anyone ever take a year off deadlifts?

JT Iron said:
what did you do for 6 hours? How many sets?

Hey brother!! I was sometimes hitting 30+ sets as in this exerpt from my journal:

(6 hours)

Rack Deadlifts on Lowest setting in Power Rack (upper shin level):

135x15
225x10
315x1
405x1
515x1
535x1 (20lbs off from best)
560 (failed multiple times)

Rack Beast Lifts (A deadlift with the bar behind the legs, at the same power rack setting)

545x1
585x1
635x1
700x1
725x1 (5lb PR, I got one side to full extention and the other side a bit lower due to my strap failing, but still legit IMO)
730 (failed twice)
635x7 (bouncing weight off the pins)

About 4 sets of Chin-ups thru out entire routine ranging from 10-20 reps

Barbell Rows: (slightly bent only)

135x20
225x12-15
275x12-15
315x15
365x6
365x4
315x12
315x12

Dumbell Rows:

150's x12
150's x12
150's x12

It should be noted that this was by no means 6-8 hours of straight training. Nor was this my "social" time, since I dont have any. I merely sit in the cage with headphones on, pace, absorbed in what Im doing, getting prepared mentally and physically for the next set. Its my vent. I never advocate that its necessary or reccomend these sessions to anyone, its just my preference.The adrenaline and ephedrine running through my veins is an alleviation of stress. Better then going on a killing spree, dont you think? I really need it to keep myself even somewhat stable. Self medication in a way. If you see the routine Ive been referring others too, youll see its more of a bodybuilding type routine. I just take my time. When I feel ready to give my all, only then will I attempt the lift. You see, failure at a lift can be like a knife in my chest. I dont take it well. So I give my all to avoid it. Its not necessary for most people, for me it seems so. Aside from that, I gained nicely and was satisfied with that. Just the way I like to train and I post it, instead of cleaning it up and censoring it for those who fear the routine. ThanX for asking!!

Phreezer_Machine said:
Yes.. you probably know me from TE ;).. I haven't been over there for awhile, I need to drop back in there.. I'll go post something over there in a sec.

I'm not trying to be overly hostile to this guy.. and there is certainly not more than what's obvious in this thread going on.. It's just ridiculous that he's posting the kind of information that he is.. and it's also more than obvious that this post is not a learning tool for the others.. if he were trying to do this.. He should have entitled this thread..how not to train deadlifts..

Come on bro.... When have you ever heard Burns or Tate advocate a 6-8 hour training session?... If this were the board that it was a year ago.. this walking beast charector would have been laughed out of this forum... He's obviously not a Powerlifter.. if so he's doing some routine I've never heard of.... This isn't close to any kind of MM or WSB training methods.. in fact they're just silly....

I'm sorry to come across so crash... and it may make me look like a jerk.. but he's just spouting off so much obvious misinformation it's ridiculous...

But you're probably right.. I do need to back off... I didn't realize that I was coming off like a total prick... just someone trying to help the newbs who might stumble on this thread..

I understand you now. As for the training tool I was refering to taking an extended training break not his particular regimen. Also it is good to see two guys passionate enough about this to get into an argument like this except for the personal stuff. Catch ya later.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
I understand you now. As for the training tool I was refering to taking an extended training break not his particular regimen. Also it is good to see two guys passionate enough about this to get into an argument like this except for the personal stuff. Catch ya later.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Yes, next time I think I will edit out the inappropriate and unecessary personal flames.

Phreezer:

As for proof of my claims, I have pictures all over the site and can easily make a full deadlift and back video. I was planning on making one anyway. If you want to download 6-8 hours of video go for it. Why dont you post up a pic of your ferrari and 14" dick, maybe hang a sign on it? If your lifts are so respectable,that you are able to talk down to me as if Ive accomplished nothing with my methods, then I assume you must deadlift over 2000lbs? If so, post it up. Lets see how knowledgable you really are.

Phreezer_Machine said:
Yes.. you probably know me from TE ;).. I haven't been over there for awhile, I need to drop back in there.. I'll go post something over there in a sec.

I have about a billion posts over there. Definitely stop over. :)

I hate to drift away from the downturn this thead has taken, but if I'm not mistaken you dead conventional style. Have you every tried Sumo?

genarr3 said:
I hate to drift away from the downturn this thead has taken, but if I'm not mistaken you dead conventional style. Have you every tried Sumo?

Ive never given sumo much of a try. Its always felt awkward to me. I wouldnt really know how to work it in. Id definately have to go much lighter to even attempt it. ThanX for the feedback brother!!

WalkingBeast said:
Ive never given sumo much of a try. Its always felt awkward to me. I wouldnt really know how to work it in. Id definately have to go much lighter to even attempt it. ThanX for the feedback brother!!
Give it a try. You'll find it far easier on the back, legs do all the work on that one.

genarr3 said:
Give it a try. You'll find it far easier on the back, legs do all the work on that one.

Nice!! ThanX brother!! Ive heard it has alot to do with body structure as well. Ill give it a try though and see how it feels. ThanX again!

Top Bottom