Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push Ups/Dips VS Bench Press

bluejay

Hello everyone...

I have had some nagging shoulder issues that I feel LIKE MAD when I incline or flat bench. (both barbell AND dumbbell) So for now I have decided to discard the movement...

I have been using weighted push ups + dips instead as these movements DO NOT irritate my shoulder for whatever reason.

Questions are:

1)Do you know of anyone who has built or maintained a quality chest with push ups & dips being the primary movements?

2)Can I get enough of a stretch with a full push up movement? (I seem to feel that stretch more with dumbbell presses)

Thanks... :)

i switched to hammer flat bench and dumbells and it really helped. i know u cant do the db's but how do the hammers feel?

dips and pushups used to kill my shoulder. the only way i could do them ended up changing the concentration more on triceps than on chest.

my shoulder is fine now but i still stay away from barbells for the most part.

u should pm lattimer. he has got some great insight on this.

8and20 said:
i switched to hammer flat bench and dumbells and it really helped. i know u cant do the db's but how do the hammers feel?

dips and pushups used to kill my shoulder. the only way i could do them ended up changing the concentration more on triceps than on chest.

my shoulder is fine now but i still stay away from barbells for the most part.

u should pm lattimer. he has got some great insight on this.

Man I feel like a knob!! Never even thought about the Hammerstrength. (If that is what you meant when you said "hammers") I guess I need to ditch my free-weight snobbery for once. :lmao:

....If you were referring to wrist positioning then I haven't tried that out much either and will do so!!

bluejay said:
Man I feel like a knob!! Never even thought about the Hammerstrength. (If that is what you meant when you said "hammers") I guess I need to ditch my free-weight snobbery for once. :lmao:

....If you were referring to wrist positioning then I haven't tried that out much either and will do so!!

hammer strength it is. it feels more like a natural range of motion.

i was more referring to how far over i leaned my body or hand placement, not so much wrist.

OMEGA said:
Chest the MOST incorrectly trained muscle group next to back
lol agreed on back ... i hate back training .. a pain in my azz

Top Bottom