Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pec and Trap Imbalance

WORLDBEATER

For some reason my left pec and trap are disproportionately larger than my right pec and trap. Years of baseball and weightlifting I fear have caused this. I am right handed and hypothesize that my left sided recovered better due to far less use after workouts (too much throwing didn't allow recovery). The funny thing is I don't really notice a strength difference in comparing sides. Anyways, I am now 23 and my baseball career has recently ended. After training for about the last ten year (five years intensely) I am ready to attack my lagging right pec and trap. I don't know whether to concentrate primarily on dumbell movements, do extra work on the right side and less on the left, or keep doing my same routine and hope the right catches up in size due to increased recovery time due to baseball being over. Any suggestions or similar experiences. Anyone else have imbalances they have overcome. Thanks in advance.

is the shoulder larger too?

I would suggest just sticking with a basic mass building routine. with dumbells mostly and when you fail with the weaker side then the set is over (you mentioned that you didn't notice a difference in strength, I would think that it would be small but noticable).

If it doesn't respond to this type of training I would say do shrugs with a slightly heavier dumbell on the WEAKER side and again when you fail with that the set is over. the same thing with chest. you could try doing 1 arm with the pec-deck or hammer strength machines but I'd fear that unilateral training with chest would be dangerous.

good luck

oh and yeah I had a left calf that was about 1" smaller than the right (from years of skateboarding). they are the same size now. I did a normal calf routine just trying to mentally focus on making my left calf work just as much as the right (if not more) and I would always do 1 or 2 sets of seated calf raises with the left calf at the end of the workout.

i have the same prob, my right arm and pec is noticeably larger and stronger than the left. it sucks because i cant work out at my full potential because my left side fail first.

a big bump for anyone who has more insight

damn, i suffer from that same problem only my right pec is way thicker and wider than my left and my right bicep and tricep are both thicker but i think i fucked up my back and it caused some nerve problems to make one side increase in size over the other, my right pec and arm are both stronger and they have this weird feeling in them and when i work them out i don't even get a pump in them, they bulge up like a pump but i don't feel it, i think i might have nerve damage or something but it's annoying to look in the mirror to see how much one side is bigger than the other but what reallys gets to me is this weird feeling i have in them like they are swollen and it also hurts if i touch my right pec or arm hard

Top Bottom