Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pathetic lower back

ryno9000

Somewhere along the way I've fucked up and my lower back has not developed the same as everything else. It now feels extremely weak and I can't sustain certain workout order because of it. Example: I do deadlifts as usually my or first exercise (2nd only after weighted pull ups) - after that I cannot do things like bent over rows with the weight that I need to use for my middle/upper back. It hurts the lower too much to bend with that weight, but any lighter weight and my bent rows are not effective for the area they are supposed to train.

Also, since I've been working towards becoming a trainer (pathetic that I don't know how to fix my own issue), I think I may have some spine curvature that causes these problems. I don't know if that can be corrected. It's very slight curvature if any - could just be in my head and could just be my under developed lower back. How can I strengthen this area without sacrificing the workout/weightload that I need for my upper back development, which I hope to keep progressing and not put on hold?

it might just be lower back pumps and ur not drinkin enough water?

I would maybe work out back twice a week with only deadlifts on one of those days.

Not much you can do about other lifts when ur lower back is pumped and hurts to bend over. It hurts jus to stand lol.

it might just be lower back pumps and ur not drinkin enough water?

I would maybe work out back twice a week with only deadlifts on one of those days.

Not much you can do about other lifts when ur lower back is pumped and hurts to bend over. It hurts jus to stand lol.

I've wondered about this, and it's so hard to say for sure. I am "ON" right now, but only test, which usually isn't a terrible culprit, but could be affecting it. I also just always feel tight, and feel that when I walk I look stiff. Like I'm trying to walk like a "badass" to the outsider, but really it's just because my back is locked up!

I've thought about dropping deads all together, but feel that would just weaken my lower back even more?! I'm incorporating some very basic movements now, like a sedentary 47 year old woman, to try and stimulate so basic level strength. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

if its a strength issue id drop deads and go with rack pulls instead.
I have had similar problems to this in the past, I usually start back with rack pulls, then do pull ups which I find helps realign the spine and decompress my disks. It also gives the lower back time to rest. then ill do rows and its usually alot easier in that order.
Also making sure back and leg day are separated during the week by having rest days and other bodyparts inbetween these two sessions so as to avoid over working the spinal errectors.

If it could be a pump issue start taking taurine throughout the day especially pre and post workout. I take 10 grams a day on cycle. And of course drink plenty of water.

try some lower back stretches after your back workouts too, maybe even after the deadlifts/rackpulls

Top Bottom