Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lower back and deadlifts

K

KnockedOutFAST

I havent done deadlifts in about 3 years, was just wondering if my lower back is so sore because of that or if i had bad form. Thanks

KOF

yuppppp I havent done it in about 2 months and im about to do it todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yukkkk haha, love the feeling tho

There's nothing wrong or suprising about having a sore lower back after doing a deadlift. Remember, it's a back excersize, and the lower back is almost always going to be the limiting factor with your deads because you will never be able to pull more weight than your back can propperly stabilize.

If you're concerned about your form and think it may not be as good as it should, I'd recommend going to youtube and pulling up some vids of strength coach Mark Rippetoe. He's done a whole slew of Crossfit demos that have tons of coaching and demonstration info on how do do the deadlift properly, and what it will look like.

Just type his name into the search bar and sort through the dozen or so vids that pop up to find the ones that pertain to the deadlift. The great thing about one of them is that he talks about how the deadlift will differ for people with diffrent body types. For example, the deadlift for someone with long legs and a short torso is going to look diffrent than it will for someone with short short legs and a long torso.

I ended up learning a lot from them. Dudes a genius.

Good luck bro!

Hey Man!

I put a clip of myself up a few months ago Deadlifting. The most imortant thing is to control the weight and carry out the deadlift in one single movement.

So, after ensuring your back is straight, that your looking forward or slightly up, move that weight in one well timed motion. Feeling sore as you did a good back session is fine, but don't be the big man and try to deadlift way more than you can, don't go without a belt, and have a look at my clip! Also, please be a star and post a comment! Thats been up for months and I wonder if anyone has seen it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1IY1bbIkD0

Blane said:
Lower back should never hurt after deadlifts.............work on form.

really? pretty clueless answer considering the erectors are firing along with the glutes, hamstrings, and pretty much every other muscle of the lower, middle, and upper back. please explain how the lower back wouldnt hurt after a 3 year hiatus from deads.

You should really be able to tell the difference between a legitimate injury and exercise-induced DOMS by now...

Top Bottom