Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low Rep Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Chris Benoit

What's up everyone,
I'm thinking about trying stiff legged deadlifts for low reps, 5 or 6 for multiple sets. Anybody here done them for low reps and not gotten hurt, and seen good results? Most everywhere I've read says do them for moderate to high reps, for safety, but I just don't see good gains from high rep work. I've read of Olympic lifters who do heavy doubles and triples in this move, however. Any Olympic lifters or anyone else who does them this way experiences or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

well I have done up to 500 pounds for 3 sets of 3 and it felt great, i typically work at about 6-8 reps with these though, really it is not much different than a good morning and people do those very heavy for low reps.....hope that helps

The reason for higher reps on an SLDL is because of the injury-prone position of your back. I'd say if you're gonna do low reps, stick to regular deads.

Last edited:
I've been doing SLDL's on a 5x5 program. I've been steadily moving up. As I do that then 2 sets of 10 rep GM's after my back is pretty damn sore for about 2-3 days later heh.

I am just really careful to get my butt out as far as possible and to keep my back straight and do the reps slowly.

i have no back problems doing these and i have pulled 365 for 3 before with no belts or straps.

X

I've had my lifters follow a periodization rep scheme and when the core lifts get down in the 3-6 rep range, so do the supplemental lifts.

Top Bottom