Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keeping hydrated on long runs?

Synpax

I have a fuel belt. I think there are other things (like the 'camel.')

What have you guys used?

Oh, and of course you should be drinking ULTIMA REPLENISHER!!!!!! The Wildberry flavor is my new favorite.

nothing, longest run I've done is 9 miles, and had 3 rootbeer floats afterwards, ugh that was heaven,

If I were to go anylonger Id prolly try something like that

I think for me I really ought to hydrate for 8 if it's hot. I did 9 with nothing in the mid-high eightees on Sunday and I was about destroyed.

Synpax said:
I think for me I really ought to hydrate for 8 if it's hot. I did 9 with nothing in the mid-high eightees on Sunday and I was about destroyed.

yeah temps and humidity are a bitch, but they seem to make my endorphines kick in earlier, say around mile 4-5, after that I run a 5:30 mile for a few miles and feel like fucking superman, I dont have the base for that yet though, it will take me about another month and a half of running everyday to get my base down(i still weigh 215-220 and am 5'8"), after that I will hit that switch and just fly at mile 4-5(I cant wait, I need to drop about 20 lbs, but it will come off fast)

anyway, I was thinking that maybe if you have your long run all planned out, drive by and dump a drink halfway or where ever you want on the side of the road in a bottle or what not, add ice, it should still be there by the time you get there, do a quick stretch, get a few gulps down and your good to go

I have found that Goo works pretty decent for a quick carbo load, and is easy to keep in a running short pocket, only thing is that its better with a gulp of water

I got a waterbottle/ backpack jobbie I use for anything over 7 miles.

Ulcasterdropout said:
I got a waterbottle/ backpack jobbie I use for anything over 7 miles.

see, I cant do that, just having something there just bugs me, even if I take off my shirt I need to toss it on the side of the road and come back to get it, I cant just tuck it in my shorts or anything

i read some shit 5 or 6 yrs ago about glycerine. drink like half a quart of the shit the nite before or that morning of your run, and drink like a gallon of water right afterwards. you'll retain all of that water and its supposed to keep you superhydrated. never tried it and i don't remember the specifics

Top Bottom