Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline bench press

New Jack

What is the difference in chest development in decline and incline bench press? Which excercise does what? Which one makes your chest stickout more?

forget about straight bar bench press use the dumbells they are alot better try you will love the results i use to dostraight bar until i used dumbells then wow now i love to work chest

Incline bench will put more shoulder into the exersize and less chest. Decline will put more triceps and less shoulder. You can't work upper or lower parts of a muscle, it doesn't work that way.

genarr3 said:
Incline bench will put more shoulder into the exersize and less chest. Decline will put more triceps and less shoulder. You can't work upper or lower parts of a muscle, it doesn't work that way.

what he said

genarr3 said:

Thanks if you wouldn't have said I would have had a coronary right here and that would have sucked!!!

In my opinion, the decline bench isn't all that great an exercise. Its OK every once in a while for variety, but I personally think I get much better results from the incline. I don't know why, but I do occasionally do decline dumbbell flyes and can get a pretty good pump. I have some lingering problems with my rotator cuff, and sometimes doing incline flyes at the end of a workout can be painful.

Top Bottom