Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how important is running for body builders?

millerethan

I have been lifting for year already, 5 times a week and I'm making huge progress, I have never done any cardio since I started lifting, I was wondering if it's really important to run, I mean really run, not get on the treadmill, many trainers told me it helps big tine in Gym Performance, so If I run would I get bigger faster or something?

it isn't necessary to run.. a lot of guys do other sorts of activities like bicycling, tire flipping, etc. it doesn't have to be running specifically

i mean if you do run like a mile a day that would be an amazing thing for your health and fitness though

You don't have to run but cardio in general is extremely important. It will help keep your heart healthy. At some point your goals will change and your overall health will be a priority. It is great if you take care of your heart from the beginning.

Cardio - yes. Cardio is very important for everyone, particularly bodybuilders. Cardiovascular training is one of the single best things you can do for heart health.

Running - I generally don't advise my bodybuilding clients to perform running. If you are a pretty heavy guy, running is going to put a lot of pressure on your knees. I would stick with less evasive forms of cardio like the elliptical, stair master, rower etc.

Running will do three main things for you, most of which will be good for you regardless of your goals:

1. Keep your heart healthy
2. Increase your endurance
3. Burn fat, and get leaner.

Top Bottom