Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heart Rate Monitor

NateDogg

Hello All,

I am in the market for a heart rate monitor. I would like to find one in the $100-$200 price range. Does anyone have any recommendations? Experiences, good or bad?

TIA,

NateDogg

I've got a polar pacer. It's pretty basic, water proof, chest strap and watch. Watch has indiglow and tells time too.
It tells me how long I worked out for and how long I spent in my customizable training zone. Only thing it doesn't do that I wish it would is tell me my average heartrate.
Most of the current models now allow you to hook upto a pc, and I presume that you can download the same info mine gives me plus averages and other stuff.
Check out their site at http://www.polar.fi/

Thanks DanG.

I am looking for one that will do a few things. I found a Reebok one that looks pretty cool. Ideally I would like one that has a chest strap, but also can be used without the chest strap by putting fingers on the watch part. The Reebok one does this. I'm not sure if this is a common feature or not, but I would also like one that is programmable so that it can tell me my calories burned, current rate, total for day, hour, etc. Anyone know any like this? I do have to do some more research, just wanted a little "unbiased" info.

TIA,

NateDogg

NateDogg said:
Thanks DanG.

I am looking for one that will do a few things. I found a Reebok one that looks pretty cool. Ideally I would like one that has a chest strap, but also can be used without the chest strap by putting fingers on the watch part. The Reebok one does this. I'm not sure if this is a common feature or not, but I would also like one that is programmable so that it can tell me my calories burned, current rate, total for day, hour, etc. Anyone know any like this? I do have to do some more research, just wanted a little "unbiased" info.

TIA,

NateDogg

Polar has the best quality of all HRMs. They are most accurate, durable, and easy to use. I've had a few-I upgrade as nicer ones come out. I've only used Polar. The Polar A5 would work for you or they have one a step up, the M52(?). Both should have all the functions you need. Don't buy a Reebok or Nike or Timex-just because those companies make them doesn't mean they are good-the Polars outperform all others. No-I'm not a Polar rep; I just want to point you in the correct direction.

FHG

Top Bottom