Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anyone here ever been on Safari?

Smurfy

Banned
Platinum
Ever taken a safari trip to South Africa or the like? I'm very intrigued by it and I want to learn more about it. Man, I would love to plan a trip like that sometime in my life. But for a full-on trip like that, looks like we're talking $15-20K?

Smurfy said:
Ever taken a safari trip to South Africa or the like? I'm very intrigued by it and I want to learn more about it. Man, I would love to plan a trip like that sometime in my life. But for a full-on trip like that, looks like we're talking $15-20K?

Smurfy - I have been on Safari's in both South Africa and Zimbabwe. Best vacations I have taken. I plan on doing one again now that my kids are grown and can enjoy it. Think of it as an investment in your life - you will never forget the memories.

There are a lot of ways to cheapen up your trip. I changed the lodge we were going to and did a more hands-on safari and saved $6k over just 3 days.

Seriously, I'm getting jazzed up just thinking about it. It sounds like a wonderful experience. Having never left the country, I have the opportunity to travel and visit to such countries and China, Japan, Costa Rica, Venezuela, all placed my husband has lived - but I want to go to South Africa. I need to talk to my husband about this. This would be a trip of a lifetime for me.

Smurfy said:
Seriously, I'm getting jazzed up just thinking about it. It sounds like a wonderful experience. Having never left the country, I have the opportunity to travel and visit to such countries and China, Japan, Costa Rica, Venezuela, all placed my husband has lived - but I want to go to South Africa. I need to talk to my husband about this. This would be a trip of a lifetime for me.

WTF???

Venezuela ain't no safari land!!!

Smurfy said:

SA is great. I drove the coast from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town (known as the Garden Route). Spent 3 or 4 days in Cape Town and then went up and did a 3 day Safari on one of the private parks next to Kruger Park. It was magical.

I did Tanzania back in '96. Cost me 11k total, not including tips to PH and trackers...which was about another 1k. That was for 5 species: Gazelle, wildebeast, Hartebuck, leopard and Cape Buffalo. It was a great experience but I wouldn't probably do it again......just more hunts I would rather do for less money, hassle and time.

Top Bottom