Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anyone here ever been on Safari?

pintoca said:
WTF???

Venezuela ain't no safari land!!!
no shit SHERLOCKA. never said it was. what I DID say was that I have the opportunity to travel to these other places out of the country basically because my husband has lived there and knows people in these areas where we could stay during a visit - BUT - I would much prefer my first trip out of the States to be an African Safari.

Learn to READ!

billfred said:
SA is great. I drove the coast from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town (known as the Garden Route). Spent 3 or 4 days in Cape Town and then went up and did a 3 day Safari on one of the private parks next to Kruger Park. It was magical.
That's pretty much exactly what I want to do. Cape Town is touted by many as the most beautiful city in the world. Would you agree?

billfred said:
Smurfy - I have been on Safari's in both South Africa and Zimbabwe. Best vacations I have taken. I plan on doing one again now that my kids are grown and can enjoy it. Think of it as an investment in your life - you will never forget the memories.
billfred, meet alzheimers. alzheimers, billfred :)

anyway like toca said, safari with me on saturday nights, ill guide you ;)

Smurfy said:
That's pretty much exactly what I want to do. Cape Town is touted by many as the most beautiful city in the world. Would you agree?

I work with a South African.

If you were to listen to him for 5 minutes you would not even entertan that thought (most beautiful city...)

Prague is arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the World, the same with St. Petersburg and Firenze.

cape town???

Smurfy said:

Cape Town is one great city. You will be pulling the want ads and looking for real estate before you leave. The amazing thing about that drive though is that you go through these fantastic beach towns that only have about 10k people. They are just ideal and you wonder - where is everybody.

Now - I went before the big change in government. I know safety has always been an issue but I don't know how much it has changed in the last 10 yrs.

I will say this, I liked Zimbabwe as much or more than South Africa. Victoria falls is a little bit of heaven on earth. You can go there, stay at the Falls Hotel, Raft down the Zambizi river, and drive down to their National Park, Hwange and have a really great trip and it will be a lot cheaper. Problem is it is more elephants and less cats than I think you will see in SA.

come visit me, my back yard is like a safari with all the mosquito's and red ants. ;) OH and I'll even cook for ya

Smurfy said:
wow, you're brilliant.

Smurf,

Another thing to cheapen up your trip, if you go in the USA summer, it is winter there and most of the Safari's are almost half price then. It is cold on the morning and evening drives but you just need a jacket and you are fine.

The brush is dead then and you can see more animals than summer where it is full grown.

Top Bottom