Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Rules - Dropping Dumbbells

androjunkie said:
gymtime said:
Come to my gym and I'll show you how to put those little 100s away with no thud, and no harm to your shoulders. It's not rocket surgery boys, truly. Of course, I'll be using the 120s and 130s :)QUOTE]
Are you saying you use the 130's for db press? If so I call bullshit.

Knock yourself out. Although I'm not sure why you would considering you know nothing about me. I've worked hard for a lot of years to be able to put up those kinds of numbers. I certainly didn't do it to impress you.

I respect the weights and the people around me. I don't drop the weights. I don't make exsessive noices to draw attention to myself or my workout. I see people do these things all the time, and it use to bother me, now I just smile at them and grab a heavier set of DB's and do my workout without all the noise. They usually get the message, and things get quiter. :verygood:

gymtime said:
Knock yourself out. Although I'm not sure why you would considering you know nothing about me. I've worked hard for a lot of years to be able to put up those kinds of numbers. I certainly didn't do it to impress you.[/QUOTE
A lot of my close friends are competetive bodybuilders and some are powerlifters so I've spent my fair share around people that are bigger and stronger than most people that work out. One of my bodybuilding buddy's benches 505 for 2 reps and uses the 120's for db press, this is a bodybuilder I'm talking about, not a powerlifter. Out of all the hardcore gyms I've been in and all the people I've worked out with or seen work out, he uses the most weight, again I'm talking bodybuilders here. So for you to say that you use the 130's, the chances are slim that you really do. The fact that a VERY small percentage of people that train can do that makes me doubt that you are one of them. Maybe you can, but I doubt it. You claim that you weren't trying to impress me but yet you made sure to tell everybody that you'd be using the 120's or 130's instead of the 100's. That sounds like showing off to me. If what you say is true, why don't you prove it. Post pictures or a video, because I'd like to see somebody moving that kind of weight.

I hate when you're doing DB press and you just realized than the DB are totally fucked up and you might very well get one on your nose

The_Monster said:
We're differing in the defenition of "dropping".

That we do. What I considered dropping is just letting go. Your controlled dropping I still consider lowering. And thank you for implying that I use 5lbs while your using the big weights. Think you could be any more condescending next time you say it?

boys......this inteernet pissing match is over.......or I'll lock it

I dont drop the weights, but anything over 100 certainly isnt getting gently lowered to the floor.. come on guys that's just common sense if you're pressing and don't have 2 spotters to take them

Now, a little punk dropping the 60's after a set of half reps to show what a badass he is deserves an asskicking but if anyone said to me to put the dbs down differently I'd politely tell them to go fuck themselves :)

thats how I do it lol

Tweakle said:
I dont drop the weights, but anything over 100 certainly isnt getting gently lowered to the floor.. come on guys that's just common sense if you're pressing and don't have 2 spotters to take them

Now, a little punk dropping the 60's after a set of half reps to show what a badass he is deserves an asskicking but if anyone said to me to put the dbs down differently I'd politely tell them to go fuck themselves :)

thats how I do it lol

Gently is relative. For me gently is anything that dosn't make a mock echo from bouncing 3-4 times before coming to rest.

I hurt my shoulders once while trying to drop softly and gently the weight after some heavy-almost-to-failure DB press :worried:

...my point is...if you can clean em into psoirion - there is NO need to drop them from shoulder height

Top Bottom