Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gain speed and size??

It's possible to get stronger and be slow. You have to adapt your new muscles into speed training to teach your CNS how to use them for speed and strength. WS system incorporates this into dynamic ME days.

If you train for speed...you will be fast. Bodybuilding teaches you to train slowly in movement...under what is falsely called "controll". Strength training teaches to train EXPLOSIVELY.

B True

Well, what i'm gonna be starting on monday is: 4 x 6-10 (Always failure); TUT: 3 Down, Pause for 1 second, Explode up (1 second)... I know a guy who does this and he's freakishly huge now, not for sure about speed.. Is this a good idea for mass or not? Mass is my main goal, speed 2nd...

I gave Wside a shot for a while, and it didn't get me anything. What I did get out of it is the 2x6 method. Lifting for low reps and high sets. 2 reps about 90% 1RM for 6 sets 4-5 minutes between sets (this does make a big difference on heavy lifting). I gained 60# on dead using this, about 40# on squat, and 10-15 on bench. It doesn't work forever though, you have to switch it up. See my post on "if u don't go up in poundage every work out............"

erickthegreat11 said:
I gave Wside a shot for a while, and it didn't get me anything. What I did get out of it is the 2x6 method. Lifting for low reps and high sets. 2 reps about 90% 1RM for 6 sets 4-5 minutes between sets (this does make a big difference on heavy lifting). I gained 60# on dead using this, about 40# on squat, and 10-15 on bench. It doesn't work forever though, you have to switch it up. See my post on "if u don't go up in poundage every work out............"

That doesn't sound anything like a westside routine to me...

B True

b fold the truth said:
If you train for speed...you will be fast. Bodybuilding teaches you to train slowly in movement...under what is falsely called "controll". Strength training teaches to train EXPLOSIVELY.

B True

from the things ive been reading lately, an effective bb program incorporates both fast and slow reps, high and low reps. bb'ers need such a broad spectrum of rep ranges to stimulate white fibers as well as sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
i got decent gains in the past with controlled slow reps. but as of late...ive been minimizing my negative and exploding or at least pushing as hard as i can regardless of the weight. definite improvements overall. strength up, size increasing etc.

im going to build a program to follow for the next 6 weeks and really track everything. ive got my recovery time pretty much down so i will be able to time my days when i can go full out or when i need a light day. similar to what you guys do i think. a day of training and a day of active recovery?

You simply have to train for both goals. You have to lift hard and heavy, and get yourself out on the track, and practice your running form, and other techniques.

On a side note, heavy lifting for low reps, trains your cns. Sprinting speed relies on the same system.

Train the way I do :)

since 5 weeks ago I'm

up 4kg in bodyweight - 8.8 lbs
stronger in every lift
improved my standing long jump by 6 inches
added 2 inches to my vertical jump
1.25 inches on my legs
3/4 inch on my arms

and I'm pretty sure I acclerate like I've been shot out of a cannon :)

what do now

day 1- chest and back
day 2 - power clean, legs, lower back
day 3 - rest
day 4- Snatch, shoulders and arms, cuffs, shins and abs
day 5- rest
repeat

I don't even go to failure, and my reps and poundages go up every workout. But I do not workout like this all the time.

I did a 3 times a week whole body HST style workout for 3 weeks, then I switch over to the above - will do this for 6 weeks, then take 9 days off and start again. Simple periodization

Last edited:
Top Bottom