Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Farmer Walks Alternative.

Kaytime

I dont have the equipment for farmers walk so i was wondering if i could just wrap alot of 20kg plates with a chain and hold them and walk instead? would this work or naa?

You could use the heaviest DB's in the gym and walk with them. When they get too light you could buy a pair of Fat Gripz and put them on the dumbells which will force you to use lighter weights and work back up.

Failing that you could put two Olympic bars in the power rack resting on the safety bars, stand inbetween them and grip one in each hand and grip them for time the same as a static grip hold.

There are alot of differant ways to train grip. I don't think gripping a chain loaded with plates would work very well and probably be very uncomfortable.

i work with holding chains alot at work since im a tradesman and its no biggie for me regardless the weight. The dumbbells i can hold no problem but as i am one strong son of a bitch i want to hold tonnes more.

You could load up two curl bars with plates, grip them in the middle and walk around with those. You could obviously do it with two normal bars also, but they might be more difficult to balance and navigate with because of the length.

Extramile and _cato_ have given excellent ideas.

Here's another: go get some heavy sandbags from home depot and use a pinching grip and walk around. The load will probably be light enough that it's not taxing on the body but will really help a grip strength most people neglect.

There's also nothing wrong with holding chains, it's just not many people's preference.

Thanks for all the ideas i will give them a shot... Also what day would you do Farmers on? Would it be good at the end of my Back/trap day?

Top Bottom