Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts

Sumo for me. Once you master the technique (speed is critical!) i think you'll pull way more depending on your build. I pulled a 580 at my best sumo and I bet I cant pull 455 traditional. Good luck!

bbu_animation.gif

It's a matter of personal preference. I used to do conventional, but switched to sumo. I find it a much more elegant movement and far easier on the back.

I've tried doing both and I like conventional better. Most likely because I am shaped with longer limbs and shorter torso. I just started lifting a month ago and two days ago I maxed at 325 at 183 lbs body weight and most of my lower back training consisted of weighted reverse hyperextensions. Is this considered above average pull for a begginer? My bench is little shaky most likely due to my arm length.

Lazar said:
I've tried doing both and I like conventional better. Most likely because I am shaped with longer limbs and shorter torso. I just started lifting a month ago and two days ago I maxed at 325 at 183 lbs body weight and most of my lower back training consisted of weighted reverse hyperextensions. Is this considered above average pull for a begginer? My bench is little shaky most likely due to my arm length.

Its very good, and i also like conventional deadlifts better- i have longer legs and a shorter torso too. Don't rush into going heavy on deadlifts till you get your form down.

That's good advice. I felt my back round a bit when I am getting it off the floor. Other than that I think I got it down. I did alot of research and watched videos on deadlifts, but yes I will stay from heavy deads until I am perfect at it. Thanx

sumo just doesn't feel right for me... kind of like using the opposite of your normal deadlift grip.

Top Bottom