Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench press reps and weight question

dwayne20

hey bros, what do you think is the best for barbell bench press low reps and heavy weights or moderate reps and moderate weights, I started the gym two weeks ago and I don't have much knowledge about training and my dream is to get a nice and wide chest , and bench press seems to be very effective for it, thank you.

If you have just started lifting 2 weeks ago, then don't even worry about this yet. You need to build a foundation and muscle memory! Look up beginner workout programs. Lots of compound lifts to build strength and muscle. Just a normal 3x10 to start will work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The correct answer is both. Each muscle in your body is made up of type 1, type 2a and type 2b muscle fibres. By training with a variety of different rep ranges, you will train every muscle fibre. This will lead to the maximum amount of growth.

After warming up I would do some heavy sets in the 3-5 rep range. I would do your second and third exercise in the 8-12 rep range and finish off your workout with some 20 rep burn out sets.

Keep it simple at the beginning and run a 5x5 program. It will get you big and strong on all the compound lifts. Look up Stronglifts 5x5

I'm with Masonic here. I've seen better results, myself and others, starting with SL5x5 than anything else. Amazing for a base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom